Back in a Black...Edition

DaveyClark

Reaction score
Hey folks, I posted the other day about being a new A3 owner, with a 2006 2.0TDI 170, anyway, I kept that 2 weeks before deciding to trade it for a Black Edition 2010 model, I couldn't resist!

It is streets apart in refinement, I know it's a few years newer so it should, but things like gear indicator, clutch down to start, indicators on wingmirrors, anti-glare coating on wingmirrors, Xenons, etc etc tempted me to the point of no return!

The drive is a lot smoother than the PD was, having already owned a Leon CR170 I should have never gone 'back' to a PD but at that time I thought it would be alright, but anyway, was pleased to find it had bluetooth (even though it doesn't have that cradle thing in the armrest) and also there looks to be an iPod connection in the glovebox, it has come with a full comprehensive warranty, so will see if anything needs doing!

Questions though...

1) In 5th or 6th gear at around 60mph+ if I keep my foot lightly pressed on the accelerator to hold the speed, it does feel rather 'wobbly' like a vibration almost as if you are bouncing on the road, if I push pedal down it goes away a bit, am I right in guessing this is a DMF issue? It's done around 67k - my last A3 did it but a bit less noticeable.

2) Is fitting the AMI a case of just buying the cable and just undo-ing the glovebox and fitting in place of the existing connector?

Last edited:
AMI needs rns-e mk2 to work so if this isn't fitted then no its not just a cable, PM if the systems are of interest & I'll provide a price :)