JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Exclamation Urgent DSG TDI 2004 a3 gearbox problems

Hi guys I'm new on this fforum please excuse me if I'm doing anything the wrong or posted in wrong section lolol so I have a audi a3 2004 DSG tdtdi the car sometimes randomly more frequently now than before the prdns lights start flflashing, when these lights flash I have no reverse gear at all and car stays in gear 1. Now I have plugged on diagnostic and it comes up p0702 transmission control pending, I reset this, sometimes it works and car drives fine but mostly it comes back straight away and I cannot reverse etc. My suspicion from reading forums is the tcm transmission control module the part itself faulty or lose wiring or cut or wet wiring etc. if its the actual unit I am thinking of sending it to ecu testing company or BBa reman. Now the big question: WHERE IS IT LOCATED ON MY VEHICLE PLEASE ANYONE ? I have heard under the passengers side carpet under the seat area but this is for the a4 and a6 older models I am not sure if its also this place on the a3 8p. My car is a 54 plate r h d. A3 DSG tdi 2004. Reg gv54 lfn. Engine code bkd.

I live in west London by heathrow airport if anyone on here is local. Please guys, anyone????!?!?

ps I have work on Friday I am a delivery driver and use the car for work so need it sorted or started ASAP.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Have the DSG oil and filter been changed at 40000 mile intervals? If not, I think you can get these symptoms.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fangio View Post
    Have the DSG oil and filter been changed at 40000 mile intervals? If not, I think you can get these symptoms.
    If you go down that route have a scan with vcds and save it so you have all your coding here is guide I found on google DSG gearbox ECU removal instructions however maybe an oil and filter change would be worth a try initially .