Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By smurfworth
  • 1 Post By dobbysline
  • 1 Post By danb986

Thread: Been offered a swap deal...For Black Edition A3 Would you do it??

Neutral

Status

Been offered a swap deal...For Black Edition A3 Would you do it??

Hey guys, this is a really random one, but since I bought the 2.0 170 S Line (2006/56) A3 Sportback with 75k on the clock a few weeks back, I have always thought I should have got the later version (with the white display!) and the newer CR engine.

Anyway, mine was a decent spec, full leather, bluetooth, rear sensors, not Bose or Nav, but I am pining for the newer model, I am gonna need to service it and get the belt done, so rather than spend the £500 or so, I could trade it... I have been offered a 10 plate Black Edition 5 Door Manual with 64k on the clock, FSH, rear sensors, heated seats, bose, Xenons etc it's also the 170 hp version.

The problem is... They want 7k on top of my car, does that sound a good / bad deal? Is it worth doing?

Appreciate any answers!

David

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Why not get us to upgrade the clocks & fit the other missing tech, will be less than £7k mate

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    Do the conversion will cost about £3000-£4000 max including bi xenons
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

5th Gear

Status
    Personally I wouldn't, simply because I strongly dislike the facelift with the horrid DRL's, the front just looks alien. Upto 2007 is the best looking as far as I'm concerned.

Another 7 grand to swap with something you already have but just newer? Nah, I wouldn't bother.
    TDI140 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Hmmm, I know what you are all saying here, the issue I have is, I spend all the money on fitting clocks, BOSE, Bi-Xenons, Wheels, the hassle of telling the insurance about it all , it will cost quite a lot, then I still have the PD engine, so it's not quite the same, and i've spent 3 or 4k on a 2006 car which I will never get back, admitedly I am not saying 7k I would get back on swapping if I sold but it'd be a 2010 which is a lot newer in terms of resale and the refinement of the CR engine vs the PD?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Ok then just refine a few things & stay with what you have for now mate & tbh fella, if its oem equipment installed, insurance companies cover that with existing policies anyway.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    The difference between the cr engine and older one is chalk and cheese mate!
    Just comes down to personal opinion,but I've had both and once you have driven facelift version......
    hard to go back!(my opinion) lol
    danb986 likes this.

In awe of VCDS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbysline View Post
    The difference between the cr engine and older one is chalk and cheese mate!
    Just comes down to personal opinion,but I've had both and once you have driven facelift version......
    hard to go back!(my opinion) lol
    Couldn't agree more with this. I love my new CR engine (and my Black Edition )
    dobbysline likes this.
    Now: 2010 A3 SB S-Line Black Edition 2.0TDi 140CR. Panther Black
    Retro'd: Black S-Line badges | Private Plate | Come home lights activated | Fogs as corning lights activated | Hill hold assist activated | TPMS (via VCDS) activated | 3.5" s/s tailpipe | LED interior lighting.

Gone: 2007 A3 SB Sport TDI 140. Dolphin Grey

4th Gear

Status
    I love the black edition. Looks great but I'm biased
    Check service history to see if the cam belt has been done tho at 64 k
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    I have been looking at 10 plate BEs as I am thinking of getting one for the wife. They are fetching good money as they are desirable looking around 14 to 16k for a nice example and I would guess yours is worth around 6 to 7 so all in all on the money front it seems about right to me.

The CR engine is also great. Makes the old PD engines look like unrefined tractors. There is just no comparison in terms of refinement.