New A3 Owner - RNS-E information

Alexthekidd54

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I apologise if this is already posted in here somewhere but I cant seem to find it.

I have a 2011 Black Edition 140 STronic.

I am looking for information on what I need to retrofit an RNS-E e.g. Programming, coding, unit version, etc.

Also I eventually want to get an engine remap any advice on the best place to go that would be great.

Thanks happy to be on the site.

Welcome to the forum m8.
Answer to the RNSE is in the stickies at the top FAQ. Loads of threads on it on here so try search ;)
Most folk remap with shark and revo and AMD.
Have a look at the site sponsors above which can and do discounts advertised on here for forum members if ur lucky :)

Welcome to the forum m8.
Answer to the RNSE is in the stickies at the top FAQ. Loads of threads on it on here so try search ;)
Most folk remap with shark and revo and AMD.
Have a look at the site sponsors above which can and do discounts advertised on here for forum members if ur lucky :)

Thanks, think I may just save up my money and get the RNS-E fitted for me and then I should also get the up to date one aswell.

Hi Guys,

I apologise if this is already posted in here somewhere but I cant seem to find it.

I am looking for information on what I need to retrofit an RNS-E e.g. Programming, coding, unit version, etc.

Also I eventually want to get an engine remap any advice on the best place to go that would be great.

We offer supply/fit services for the rns & most other oem technology systems, if interested ping us a PM :)

Hi Guys,

Official sponsors so its allowed.

Just been looking through some threads on here and people are saying the Remap for TDi's is pointless and unsafe for the car.

How much truth is there in that? As I dont want to get one and it completely burn out my clutch or wreck my engine.

Just been looking through some threads on here and people are saying the Remap for TDi's is pointless and unsafe for the car.

How much truth is there in that? As I dont want to get one and it completely burn out my clutch or wreck my engine.

Don't know what threads uv been reading m8 but a stage 1 remap isn't going to wreck ur motor!
I'm sure it puts some stress on the clutch and engine but urs is capable of a lot more in tolerances set by Audi.
Better fuelling and a lot more power is a better reason to do it.
If it was pointless why do u think folk do it or tuning companies make maps for them?

There is a stage 2 map thread about the 140 Tdi on here and it says stuff about burning out clutches, wrecking injectors, etc.

According to the info uv given u have a 140 bhp stronic.
S tronic can handle a lot more power and abuse than a manual one.
Stage 1 is about as far as I'd go with keeping things standard.
Anything above stage 2 I'd really consider fitting a new clutch etc to handle the power and abuse.
This kind of thinking and logic hasn't just been invented and was the way we thought and tuning compaines carried out the work in the early 90's tuning turbo cars back then.
Hybrid turbos, paddle clutches, low compression pistons, different injectors and increase of boost and suspension all used to make it more reliable!