Miltek tbe res or non res ?

Gfermer

Reaction score
As above just wondering opinions I know it's one of the things that's been asked alot of times and I have had a search myself and it seems to be 50/50 so was just wanting some fresh opinions?? I want an exhaust that's got a little something but not to loud but I want a bit more noise when I give it some but nothing crazy loved my old Remus on my Vxr I had but was a bit much all the time with the pops and bangs, so was thinking about the resonated with special tips on it?? Any pics would also be nice as I know we all love a photo of the car :)

You won't get pops and bangs from either on an S3. The non-resonated drones more around 2k rpm, but the resonated doesn't sacrifice too much noise in return for less drone. The resonated can also drone a bit too, just not as much. Both systems have a nice deep idle and can make a fair roar when in full attack mode.

I had resonated on mine, with Special tips
PA1201331024x768_zps76ff80b9.jpg

PA1201251024x768_zps862876cc.jpg

2012_0527_150100AA1024x669_zps674d6941.jpg

Non res all the way its totally changed my TDI's sound i love it when it hit 2500rpm and i floor it on my racetrack it sound amazing

Nahh lets stick with milltek all the way lmao

Well I've just ordered a resonated tbe miltek with the twin 80mm tips jet style so won't be going on car till October along with cai n remap so I am like a kid at Xmas waiting now haha thanks for the pics tho special tips look good aswell couldn't pick,

I went for the res with special tips as I wanted to retain OEM looks and sound levels, well happy with it, a little throatier on idle and a bit noisier on WOT.

Not heard of bcs also imo milltek are the best out there

Very happy with my Resonated TBE. Up until it snapped that is.
To be fair Milltek did honour the warranty fuss free even though I was not the first owner.

Seems to be Ok now and gains are noticable. Sounds is just a little fruitier to make a difference without being anyway boomy.

I'd go BCS. My Milltek is great, but BCS are better in my eyes.