Badger5Sky Insurance
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RedDejavu
  • 1 Post By voorhees

Thread: Intake Flow Rates

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status

Intake Flow Rates

I've had a bit of a butchers and found some flow rates on the SEAT forums with various intakes.

intake Flow rate survey!! - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

I did some logs this evening and my MTC intake is pulling 267g/s @ 16 degrees outdoor temp.

So judging by some cars on the Seat forum using an ITG(closest variant to the MTC) and them being a stage ahead, they have lower g/s readings.

So im pretty pleased with this intake!

Anyone have any recent readings for their intake whether it be ITG, AMD, Revo etc? I'm particularly interested in the latter 2.

Standard air box readings would be nice too!

Would be nice to get a bunch of readings from all sorts of intakes and stick them in a chart of some sort.

Get logging!
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Will do some tests later on then:P
    mjr901 likes this.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Status
    When you have the reading you can get a rough idea of what your running BHP wise by dividing by 0.8.

Although I don't know how true that is.
    Last edited by mjr901; 4th August 2013 at 10:41.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

1st Gear

Status
    Its supposed to be quite accurate on the TFSI engines, and going by yours 333bhp and you've had it dyno'd at 340bhp (presume with the neuspeed) that aint a million miles away?
    2010 Condor Grey S3 Sportback S-Tronic. 354bhp 414ft/lb.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by H17YD L View Post
    Its supposed to be quite accurate on the TFSI engines, and going by yours 333bhp and you've had it dyno'd at 340bhp (presume with the neuspeed) that aint a million miles away?
    Yeah that was Neuspeed, dyno'd at 337bhp, but now with the better intake, my max power according to the Dashcommand set up I'm showing 344bhp.

So it would seem roughly accurate.

2nd Gear

Status
    Anyone around South London/Kent that would be able to run this on mine? No CAI yet but looking for either a cheap used one or going AmD next month!

5th Gear

Status
    I did some tests but when i open it in excel all of the data log is in mess. How do I make in colums if I may ask?

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Status
    As in complete gobbledegook? Like it doesnt recognise what your trying to open, so sticks it all in wingdings?

what file extension has the file got?

5th Gear

Status
    Yes typical log file extension csv but I managed to import it using Data tab > import text etc and it worked. My Intake makes 254g/s, need to make some more logging and tbh I could have got a leak somewhere

Here is my log

log.jpg
    Last edited by RedDejavu; 4th August 2013 at 21:51.

Now:

Boycie

Status
    When I last logged my ITG vs Revo there was a difference of 9g/s in Revo's favour

The ITG at the time produced 248g/s
    The Revo produced 257g/s on a run just after

My new S.Blue S3!!

I still need to get a dyno run though with the Revo intake. Revo throttle pipe and Revo FMIC and see because at that time of test, if you times the g/s by 1.275, my car is only producing 328bhp for a Revo Stage 2+ car using 97ron BP Ultimate fuel.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Of course this is also dependent on the turbo and boost levels being used.

I also use the ITG and run 2bar at around 500bhp on this system.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    When I last logged my ITG vs Revo there was a difference of 9g/s in Revo's favour

The ITG at the time produced 248g/s
    The Revo produced 257g/s on a run just after

My new S.Blue S3!!

I still need to get a dyno run though with the Revo intake. Revo throttle pipe and Revo FMIC and see because at that time of test, if you times the g/s by 1.275, my car is only producing 328bhp for a Revo Stage 2+ car using 97ron BP Ultimate fuel.
    It should be more like 360 plus,so something is not quite right

Status
    I went out again logging last night, I must have a leak somewhere. Will only log 234g/s now!

I do have about 9 million jubilees to check....
    Last edited by mjr901; 5th August 2013 at 11:18.

Boycie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    It should be more like 360 plus,so something is not quite right
    Yeah but remember in Northern Ireland we do not have 99ron fuel which the majority of BHP results are based on.

The car did make 348bhp though on a dyno with the ITG filter so I am hoping with the new mods I can break into the 350-360 bracket.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Yeah but remember in Northern Ireland we do not have 99ron fuel which the majority of BHP results are based on.

The car did make 348bhp though on a dyno with the ITG filter so I am hoping with the new mods I can break into the 350-360 bracket.
    Oh right,didn't know that
    Boydie likes this.

1st Gear

Status

Intake Flow Rates

Done a bit of logging with my neuspeed p-flo managed 265g/s @ 19 degrees temp.
    Was considering swapping the intake but might keep it now seems to be doing well.
    Last edited by H17YD L; 19th August 2013 at 23:39.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by H17YD L View Post
    Done a bit of logging with my neuspeed p-flo managed 265g/s @ 19 degrees temp.
    Was considering swapping the intake but might keep it now seems to be doing well.
    stage 2 or 2+? also which remap? revo? apr? shark?
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    That's a 2+ map and none of the above. It's R-Tech.
    Need an intercooler sorting and he can turn things up a little more. It made 337bhp 360lb/ft and I did want to break the 360bhp figure so once I have the cooler sorted its back in lol

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    just went out and did some torque app logs. few months ago i got 272g/s, now i'm getting on 18°C 262g/s (one clip on the intake was loose, but doubt it does make any difference). also logged power figures for the weight of the car + me + 1/4 tank and got 215kw @ the wheels, and 289hp @ the wheels. would love if these figures were accurate

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    What map are u running?
    If you times your air flow g/s by 1.275 it was exactly spot on hp wise from my dyno run.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    i'm running stage2+ revo map.

XFi
    2nd Gear

Status
    For those logging do you all have the full version of VCDS? I know logging can be done in lite but my cable that worked with the 8LL doesn't work with the 8P.

1st Gear

Status
    I have the full version so don't know if it can be done in lite.
    Have you got a HEX-USB CAN cable?
    That's the one I'm using, u an use either that cable or a micro-CAN for the 8P

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    i'm using torque app on android with obd2 bluetooth module.

2nd Gear

Status
    Definitely need someone in South London/Kent to take a look at mine with this now, fitted a P-Flo...!