Thinking of upgrading to a S3 Sportback

Tay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As the title says, I've been considering upgrading to a Sportback for a little while now as I've come to conclusion 5 doors may be useful now.

Just got a few questions for some owners with any advise welcome...

1. Best Colour and which is easiest to keep clean? I'm torn between Ibis White, Silver and Sprint Blue. (The mrs wants white obviously).

2. Are heated rear seats a standard option?

I'm definitely going to get a DSG I think, just to prevent the need for a new clutch as it'll end up being mapped to at least Stage 1. Any common faults with the S-Tronic boxes?

And finally, is a Silver 09 Sportback with most options excluding RNSE & recaros on 14k miles at a main dealer for £20k a "decent" deal? I know it probably 1k above average but I've had bad experiences with independent dealers in the past.

1.ibis white
2. Front heated seats are standard..rear seats are not.
3. DSG box are one of a kind but make sure it has its service done every 40,000miles (oil and filter)

It sounds reasonable you can get the rnse retrofitted so yeah go for it

There's an ibis s3 sportback for sale in the classifieds. Stage 2+ s-tronic.

I thought that about the rear heated seats as I hadn't read much about them. Seems like Ibis may be the way to go, I've seen the Stage 2+ Ibis in the classifieds and its on Autotrader but I was probably looking to buy from a dealership.

The 40k miles service, is there an equivalent time interval for this?