New here + feedback

JoeDeeJay

Reaction score
Hey there, names Joe. Been stalking around the forum for a few weeks now. Recently purchased a 2011 Audi A3 SLine Quattro Black Edition (mouthful that!)

Really good info on here. Previously owned a Focus ST225 that I tuned to the heavens and eventually decided to go sensible and German.

I was scouring eBay for an RNS-E Sat Nav as it is one of the few things the car didnt have. Found one for sale in Swinton Manchester off Dziugi. He offered free fitting/coding etc so gave him a ring. He managed to squeeze me in this afternoon at last minute notice. Really friendly guy, talked me through how to use it and made sure all the appropriate bits were coded (BT, BOSE, Reverse Sensors, DIS etc). On top of that also get 1 year warranty with it. Couldnt recommend him enough if anyone is local enough to pop over to see him.

Other than that, hello :)

Welcome to the site.

Pics of your car?

I know of him, he sold someone I know a unit that arrived with obvious damage that he didn't mention & wasn't damaged in transit, so he knew about this before sending, but due to time constraints they couldn't send back, least to say he wasn't to happy with what he received.

There's a polish guy around the Manchester area, whose been fitting very cheap units of questionable origins, who doesn't code them properly either, as me & a colleague have had to do a number of them after the person has had it supposedly fitted by a guy in these areas, don't know who it is, but just be aware of who you use & what is supplied.

Oh dear, well I went to personally get the headunit so I could see if there were any marks etc.

Thats the guy who fitted mine, the Polish guy. Seemed fine to me! I could be wrong, its all new to me, but from what I can gather all the extra tiddly bits were coded in and had good feedback on eBay. No idea where the headunit came from, but I darent ask silly questions. Id like to think its legit and out of someones pride and joy that was unfortunately written off... who knows. When the headunit was first booted up the Nav was set in Switzerland so at a guess thats where its come from

1077136_10152995527065251_1674021016_o.jpg

From a written of car, but booted into Swiss, now sold in the UK, does beg the question, how many written of cars does he know of with RNS-E's from all over europe, he's sold a fair few, but alas.

Nice pic.