OIL CATCH CAN FITTED TO BKD ENGINE

tdi-man

Reaction score
just fiited oil catch can to my engine...

20130803 113058

20130803 124805

I nearly did this to my Golf then decided against it (More like couldn't get the hoses to fit).

Looks good though.

I used 19mm internal diameter pipe into a 22mm joiner and then I 19mm to 13mm reducer pipe to
my 15mm catch can.

19mm pipe just pushes on the crank case outlet and other 19mm pipe pushes into genuine. Pipe

liking this mod! what turbo you running if you don't mind me asking?

Turbo techies hybrid.

Will put more pics up tomorrow of pipe connection

using 19mm internal pipe at the moment but may get some 16mm internal dia so can remove joins.

20130804 122556

20130804 122604

Nearly as nice as mine lol ;-) ahha

nah good work mate

thanks not happy with it at the mo so work in progress...

does the job.....

thanks

I want to make some sort of bracket for mine i dont like using crappy cable ties although they hold it well

It cost me about £160 ish as i had full silicone hoses made in red

its stops oil going i to the intake which ends up in the turbo inlet which is bad
also stops the oil from there then reaching intercooler hoses and trust me it works ive had mine for about 8 months ive empties a full load and its about 1/5th the way full

didnt want to go down the line of getting hoses made so bought the below.

oil catch can - £23.00
tie wraps - £2.00
silconhose joiners -£10.00
silcon hose reducers - 10.00
silcon hoses - £10.00

Why doesn't it come as standard?

Because the standard system is designed to be maintenance free, whereas this method will require you to monitor it and empty it when full. The average motorist isn't going to want to do this, or even know how to.

I'm sort of tempted, but the new common rail engine hasn't used a single drop of oil. Unlike my old BKD A3 which needed topping up regularly.

Because most people here dont really have a clue what it does so if they dont know i doubt they will empty it so not worth the hassle by audi also