Audi a3 cluster to s3 in safe mode?

Amir-7-86

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me remove safe mode off my recently bought s3 cluster the plugs and everything fit lights (ignition) come on when starting it cranks up then goes off straight after, could a vag sort this out or reset Immobilizer? Anyone have any ideas or have done this before? Would appreciate the help thanks

Iv removed my original audi a3 2.0 fsi 2004 dial to an s3 2008 plug and pin exactly the same for perfectly ignition lights come on when starting it runs then goes off straight after and also the safe written on the dials what do I have to do or swap over to resolve this problem any ideas or previous experience guys?

Wrong section, yours is an 8P not 8V.

You have to have the immo coded by audi for keys & car to start with different cluster.

We offer supply/fit services for the newer white dis clusters.

As per my PM, you cant swap clusters just like this as immo needs resolving by audi along with your keys & the ecu.

Location dependent, but we offer supply/fit services for the newer white dis clusters.

Wrong section, yours is an 8P not 8V.

You have to have the immo coded by audi for keys & car to start with different cluster.

We offer supply/fit services for the newer white dis clusters.

Thanks pal I couldn't find 8p only registered last night sorry, do you know roughly how much it would cost or if its a dealer job only ? Btw would I need any codes for immo?

As per my PM, you cant swap clusters just like this as immo needs resolving by audi along with your keys & the ecu.

Location dependent, but we offer supply/fit services for the newer white dis clusters.

Thought so, so il have to get my immo recoded to the cluster, is there any other way of doing this VAG or? And I forgot to mention when I had my ignition lights on temp needle went up put the fuel gauge didn't move, once off safe mode will this cure the problem? Thanks pal

We use a partner dealer to do our immo work for peace of mind.

Needle is because it needs new pump & possibly wiring, cluster coding wont fix that problem, we've done this all a number of times.

We use a partner dealer to do our immo work for peace of mind.

Needle is because it needs new pump & possibly wiring, cluster coding wont fix that problem, we've done this all a number of times.

Right ok but iv recently had a new fuel pump fitted cost me over £200 and wiring? My was a 32 pin plug so was the s3 I have all 32 pins in mine where would this wire go? And what kind of pump will I need? This will be to resolve the fuel gauge bit what do I do about the immo does my key need coding to the cluster and will that solve that problem? :

I cant comment on your fuel pump replacement work, but fuel pump needs replacing, wire checked if fitted, immo coded & mileage corrected.

If you want a price, ping me a PM.

Fuel pump replacing with a different one? Or same one?

I don't have that of the top of my head fella, you'd need to research it yourself.

I don't have that of the top of my head fella, you'd need to research it yourself.

Ok it's just that if I wanna price a pump up il have to give reg and there going to send me or price me for same one that's all I need part number if possible plz

With respect, that's now 4 threads on the same subject, keep it all to one please, not open others, I will get the others grouped into this one.

With respect, that's now 4 threads on the same subject, keep it all to one please, not open others, I will get the others grouped into this one.

Thanks I'm new on this just getting used to it now, need advice on the pump tho urgently want to get this cluster up and running

Can you please keep this question to one thread. Creating four different threads in different areas of the forum just confuses the issue, the information if kept to one thread will also help others at a future date with similar issues. Thank you.

Nigel when wiring the pump plug/8 to cluster plug/25 do I remove old wire or join it with origninal wire 25?

Nhn has done this work and posted details on thd forum previously, I may be able to help with the immo matching but youll need to send your new cluster away or have access to the donor car as I can only garentee pin from the ecu. Cheap chinese software will not work on your car, best bet is book it in with nhn he travels nationwide.

Nhn has done this work and posted details on thd forum previously, I may be able to help with the immo matching but youll need to send your new cluster away or have access to the donor car as I can only garentee pin from the ecu. Cheap chinese software will not work on your car, best bet is book it in with nhn he travels nationwide.

I have done asked him for a price or to call me have him my number too, don't know what's happening I can wire the pump to the cluster no problem already bought the wires from dealers today going to crack on with that tommorow, but unfortunately Nigel doesn't want to travel I don't think pm so many times not getting anywhere might have to take it to dealers half hour job anyway

I advised you to go to the dealer already as you wanted to do everything yourself, so why do I need to get involved at all.

Be factual instead of making up rubbish, I didn't say at any point that I didn't want to travel, I said you have to come down south to have it done because of the immo, but again you wont listen after repeating this to you.

So no, there is no point in me getting involved as I have already stated, you're in Leeds & this work is in Brighton, I cant accommodate you currently.

I have done asked him for a price or to call me have him my number too, don't know what's happening I can wire the pump to the cluster no problem already bought the wires from dealers today going to crack on with that tommorow, but unfortunately Nigel doesn't want to travel I don't think pm so many times not getting anywhere might have to take it to dealers half hour job anyway

Not a half hour job really, the auto scan, clearing codes, and rescanning will usually take 10 mins alone, and needs to be done to ensure no other faults before even attempting immo work and then again after the jobs complete. Theres the possibility of the clocks being not in perfect order, i have only had one bad second hand cluster, but took a good 2 hours exploring all options to conclude they are faulty. The dealer isnt going to plug you in for nothing.

I thought the prices i gave you were very cheap, you called me several times going over the same things, i made it clear it would be a gamble for me as i may not have the correct equipment to read the doner clocks, however i did offer to read the pin of your car and do all the auto scans so you could send your cluster off and get a mate to code with vcds. Hell i even told you your starting and other issues were likely down to a knackered battery, which you confirmed later when you replaced it! But as soon as money was mentioned, for the record, 30 regardless of outcome for my fuel, 20-60 to read pins, and 30 to program them in, you didnt call me back and now want to go to the dealer!

a well known company will read your pin via the post for 35+vat and courier. theres never any garentee with a second hand cluster that its not damaged or encrypted and unusable in this scenario. If you had a brand new cluster the swaps easy following nhns previous work.

Im sorry i cant help you now, good luck though and i look forward to the detailed write up and shared knowledge :D

Reactions: NHN
Not a half hour job really, the auto scan, clearing codes, and rescanning will usually take 10 mins alone, and needs to be done to ensure no other faults before even attempting immo work and then again after the jobs complete. Theres the possibility of the clocks being not in perfect order, i have only had one bad second hand cluster, but took a good 2 hours exploring all options to conclude they are faulty. The dealer isnt going to plug you in for nothing.

I thought the prices i gave you were very cheap, you called me several times going over the same things, i made it clear it would be a gamble for me as i may not have the correct equipment to read the doner clocks, however i did offer to read the pin of your car and do all the auto scans so you could send your cluster off and get a mate to code with vcds. Hell i even told you your starting and other issues were likely down to a knackered battery, which you confirmed later when you replaced it! But as soon as money was mentioned, for the record, 30 regardless of outcome for my fuel, 20-60 to read pins, and 30 to program them in, you didnt call me back and now want to go to the dealer!

a well known company will read your pin via the post for 35+vat and courier. theres never any garentee with a second hand cluster that its not damaged or encrypted and unusable in this scenario. If you had a brand new cluster the swaps easy following nhns previous work.

Im sorry i cant help you now, good luck though and i look forward to the detailed write up and shared knowledge :D

I did ring you several times and even texted you twice, everytime I ring it goes straight to number busy or I get cut off thought you wasn't interested in doing it, I agree with what you said, did you find out from your mate if he can do it, and iv got something for you that youl probably be able to do it yourself trust me ring me tommorow or il ring you in morning tell you

Just a little update. I assume you now know, but for anyone else's benifit, other than fault scans coding and diagnostics, vcds will not help you do this cluster swap at all on its own regardless of pin/skc.