Help and guidance on removing my roof lining?

Mikemc

Scooby Slayer
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Picking up a black roof lining up tomorrow, and just trying to weigh up how it all comes out?

I know the A pillars just clip off, but what about the b and c?

Is there any fixings in the roof I need to be careful of?

Have never done this on an Audi, but I'd assume its a case of removing A,B and C pillars, interior lighting, sun visors and grab handles and possibly door seals to get access.

Done it on mine for the crack, not much to it TBH.
i started by taking off all the lights and grab handles, then the sun visor. Also the rear view mirror visor bit.
then the a pillers clip off whech make the front of the roof easy to get to. When I took the C piller trim off I removed the boot trim on either side as it easier access, you also have to remove the long price In-between the C pillers these are held on with clips. This then gives you access to some torx screws which have to be removed before the main c piller can come off!

Then the main roof would come loose after this, the tricky part is the sun visor clips
4BD73011-79E5-47E1-A4E6-44FB70612D88-12473-000013345A5F6900_zps307d74f6.jpg

thes are in two parts the outer bit comes off first which makes the main clips loose to come out.
and the other bit is the main light peice in the middle there is a screw so it comes out.
Hope that helps.

Pictures make it easier so if I get a chance tomorrow ill get a guide made up.

Cheers for that buddy, really appreciate it. Black roof lining really makes a great difference!