Airbag light...

• Thread starter imported_Adambsmith
  • Start date
I

imported_Adambsmith

is coming on whilst driving and then going off and then coming on and then going off etc.

I assume a trip to the dealers is in order? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
is coming on whilst driving and then going off and then coming on and then going off etc.

I assume a trip to the dealers is in order? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A trip to the dealer ASAP - it is unlikely put a smack in the chops from an airbag would be unpleasant!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably be something to do with the connection to the steering wheel, usualy is........

Have you taken a fuse out recently? I think.it's linked to the instrument cluster fuse. When we used to pull fuses to remap Golfs Mk4s and previous model A3s, we needed to pull the instrument cluster fuse, which caused the airbag light to trigger, so it was a quick reset with Vag-Com. But get it checked asap.

The electronic system on Porsche's after a steering wheel removal, used to put the airbag light on for around 20 start up's after a steering wheel removal occasion, after that it reset itself

Had this on mine - was a faulty airbag unit aparently, although didn't get to find out which one.

yeh i had this problem, they said it wont effect it all. got it fixed about 3 weeks after it came on !