AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: Airbag light...

imported_Adambsmith

Airbag light...

is coming on whilst driving and then going off and then coming on and then going off etc.

I assume a trip to the dealers is in order? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Airbag light...

[ QUOTE ]
    is coming on whilst driving and then going off and then coming on and then going off etc.

I assume a trip to the dealers is in order? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A trip to the dealer ASAP - it is unlikely put a smack in the chops from an airbag would be unpleasant!

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably be something to do with the connection to the steering wheel, usualy is........

3rd Gear

Status

Have you taken a fuse out recently? I think.it's linked to the instrument cluster fuse. When we used to pull fuses to remap Golfs Mk4s and previous model A3s, we needed to pull the instrument cluster fuse, which caused the airbag light to trigger, so it was a quick reset with Vag-Com. But get it checked asap.

1st Gear

Status

The electronic system on Porsche's after a steering wheel removal, used to put the airbag light on for around 20 start up's after a steering wheel removal occasion, after that it reset itself

1st Gear

Status

Had this on mine - was a faulty airbag unit aparently, although didn't get to find out which one.

imported_ANNANBHOY

yeh i had this problem, they said it wont effect it all. got it fixed about 3 weeks after it came on !