Audi A3 -> TT Suspension Conversion?

techbiker

Reaction score
I just picked up a nice-looking 20,000 mile 2006 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI, however the previous owner did not reveal that its suspension is compromised by severe rust. In fact, I am having an engineer remove the entire suspension and rebuild a brand new one. While this is a big pain, it is also a great opportunity.

I've read that several TT suspension components are interchangeable with the A3. Check this out:

http://sd-2.archive-host.com/membres/up/125116343455940179/Service_Training_Audi_TT.pdf

Has anyone installed TT spindles, TT lower control arms, TT ball joints, and part of the TT rear suspension in an A3? I'm planning to order suspension parts soon and would like to install as many TT parts as possible. I'd love to combat future rust with quality aluminum suspension parts and would enjoy the weight savings/ increased performance and adjustability of the TT suspension.

I am a bit confused on TT/A3 suspension parts compatibility. I've heard that one needs TT lower ball joints if he/she purchases TT spindles. Are any other TT components required for the conversion? Can I stick with A3 struts? I would like to convert to the front TT spindles and TT LCA's at the least.

Finally, do you recommend the S3 brake upgrade (I have 17" wheels)? I wonder if I could have one shipped from Europe/ the UK?

I normally drive a 1993 Nissan 300zx and I can't find as many aftermarket suspension parts for the A3 in America. If the oem TT parts can work, please let me know.

Thanks very much for you help.

Last edited: