Do I go S-Line or Black Edition?

lejc2425

Reaction score
Basically, money no object in terms of buying it would you go for the basic S-Line or Black Edition?

It would be a 2009-2010 and that's about it.

Just wandered what people would go for.

Cheers.

I went for the black edition, mainly for the black pack and extras u get with the car ie xenons, flat bottom steering wheel etc.
U should get an s line cheaper than this if its what ur after, plus maybe have a better paid for extras on the car.
If u like rotor alloys these came standard on the 60 plate onwards.
Really its up to yourself what u like ;)

Reactions: dobbysline
The things selling the black edition to me at xenons, bose and black pack.

Gotta be honest, I prefer the pre-60 plate alloys. Either the standard s-line ones or in titanium.

Reactions: stefoster and crunchie
Got to be a Black Edition!
I prefer the earleir titanium alloys too. I've got a friend with the rotors on a white Black Edition, which look really nice, but we both prefer the titaniums on the black car.
I'm probably in the minority here though as the rotors have a big following.

Reactions: stefoster and R90 STL
I have a black edition, I just feel it stands out far better! And you get all the good little extras like the bose speakers, flat bottom steering wheel and piano black interior trim :)

I wanted a Black Edition, but I was finding that they were reasonably high mileage (as they are ex fleet cars), yet they were still highly priced.

Found my v. good spec S Line Quattro with half the mileage (albeit older) around £3k cheaper :drool:

Black Edition for sure, the difference it makes on my S3 compared to non BE is unreal

I opted for fully loaded Sline. Thought better value incl open sky roof...

Black all the way, or one day you will park next to one in your sline and feel inferior!

Probably more expensive but I'd defo go BE over S Line if I could.

I'd prefer a non BE myself provided it has LED xenon's.
FBMFSW is also quite high on my list but I cant be ***** with the tints and detest rotors!
My S3 is a 58 plate so no BE option anyway.

Black Edition. Sexy.
Black Pack.
Xenons + Daytime Running Lights + Coming Home/Leaving Home Lights
Bose
Rotors - Didn't like them at first but absolutely love them now. Glad I didn't opt for the older ones.

Black edition all day every day. I also prefer the older titanium rims (not just because I have them) subtle differences make it stand out over the s line. xenons, flat bottom steering wheel and bose is a real God send!

Black Edition all the way, but I'm not biased or anything :eyebrows:

Black Ed with the ti RS4 style alloys, that's what I have and I prefer it over the standard S3. Gives you that stealthy ninja nightrider feel :ninja: