Volks AutosBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Swap my car and give £250.00 for r32 mk5 2008 reg ? Thoughts ?

5th Gear

Status

Swap my car and give £250.00 for r32 mk5 2008 reg ? Thoughts ?

Ive been offered a mk5 r32 as a px for my car its in red 3 door with recaro bucket seats full loaded no sat nav but thats not an issue, whats everyones thoughts ?
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No thanks, R32 is very very expensive to tune & IMHO not all that impressive.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    As NHN said they are expensive to tune and cannot gain much from them, Nice car non the less.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    No thanks, R32 is very very expensive to tune & IMHO not all that impressive.
    Sounds good though

Reverse Gear

Status
    Get it bought and get it lit.
    crunchie likes this.

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Yes mate take it with open arms, it's hard to sell your a3 heavily modified, but much easier to sell a stock hot hatch, u can sell the r32 at later date for an s3
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

Derv Perv

Status
    Think I'd be tempted myself although they are expensive to tune as mentioned above.

5th Gear

Status
    Not forgetting the £420 road tax as its newer than 2006
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Without a doubt swap. R32 all day long. You'd be mad not to.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

1st Gear

Status
    fully loaded you say?

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    fully loaded r32 sounds nice! and they do sound nice.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Short Back

Status
    I'd want to know its full history first, and dont forget to save some money for shares in Shell or BP.
    NHN and aky20 like this.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

1st Gear

Status
    The tax would put me off but they do sound spot on but it takes a lot to get any good power out of them

Flat Out

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolo_8p3 View Post
    fully loaded you say?
    Not that fully loaded if it doesn't have sat nav!!
    Too expensive to run and tune. Stick with the oil burner and save some £ till you can buy an S3.

4th Gear

Status
    A no brainer!
    Sound like a gritter or the sound of a V6.
    If you're even considering it the running costs are not an issue.
    Get it swapped lad!

I personally don't get the whole "tuning a diesel" scene but I know plenty folk do it.
    As stated before, you would probably struggle to sell yours given the amount you've done to it.
    Now:
    TTS, Leon Cupra R, MK2 Golf GTi 16v BB 3dr & MK4 Golf "GTi" 2.0 8v

Past:
    S3 8P3
    A3 2.0T
    S3 8L REVO
    306 Rallye
    Impreza STi8
    Leon Cupra R REVO
    S3 8L REVO
    Impreza T2000
    306 Rallye
    MK3 Golf GTi 8v
    & more in between

VAG Junkie

Status
    I'm on the get it swapped team.

The R32 is a great car, considerably under powered but nothing that a trip to the boys at Storm Developments can't help you with.

Get them to do one of their turbo or super charger conversions on it and you're golden!!
    Current - Ibis White S3 with added LOBA,Sachs,AutoTech,Custom Map,Recaro,ITG,Eibach,3SDM,Milltek flavourings.
    Ex Ibiza Cupra R, Mk1 Leon Cupra R, Mk V Golf GTi, Mk2 Leon Cupra K1 and B7 Audi RS4 Owner!

2nd Gear

Status
    why he want to swap is a question worth taking note of? hmmmmm like r32s but love the s3s!

Neutral

Status
    hmmm id wait for the S3 why would you want something thats 2nd best :P

5th Gear

Status
    i personally would not bother with the V6 R32, better buying the GTi or later 2.0 Litre R golf or even an Audi S3
    NHN likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Sounds too good to be true! I'd probably do it but without seeing it or knowing it's history etc.... Hummm

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

5th Gear

Status
    Rang insurance conpany this morning they want £1000 more and said it will go up even more next year as in 21, dont think v6 is meant for me in this age, ill just carry on thning my tdi i guess lr wait for edition 30 or an s3

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLapou View Post
    i personally would not bother with the V6 R32, better buying the GTi or later 2.0 Litre R golf or even an Audi S3
    100% on this, GTI, S3 & others are highly tunable & will outpace the R32 easily with the right tools & for a feck load less money, couldn't give a toss how it sounds, its what it does is what matters.
    N8 and big harty like this.

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    100% on this, GTI, S3 & others are highly tunable & will outpace the R32 easily with the right tools & for a feck load less money, couldn't give a toss how it sounds, its what it does is what matters.
    well a highly tuned R32 will wipe out an S3 any day of the week ...

its got carbon fiber door bonnet, boot lid, bumpers and wings... put a GTX35R stroke a V6...and s highly tuned S3 will be lost in its dust...

how do i know that... well Seb @ Euro Automotive is building one...

obviously for you $$$ is limited.. and its not going to the race track.. just wanted to iron out the facts.. as much as i love Audi and also have a 2.0 TQ myself and dont facy a 20,000$ turbo kit and 10,000$ engine rebuild..

neway so in your case mate... stick with the TDI 140 and save up for a sexy S3

5th Gear

Status
    The R32 is expensive to run and you have limited tuning potential but it is a seriously nice car to drive. The 3.2 makes it flexible on the road, especially with dsg, but still a quick car and although ultimately you can tune an S3 way more than the Golf that's not really the point of one tbh.
    When I had my S3 it took me 6 months to get over not having the V6 soundtrack anymore and I still went back to one after a year.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Previous
    2010 R36 Saloon in Biscay Blue
    2008 Red S3
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro S-line Sportback dsg Avus silver
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro Sport Sportback dsg Black

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyX View Post
    Not that fully loaded if it doesn't have sat nav!!
    Too expensive to run and tune. Stick with the oil burner and save some £ till you can buy an S3.
    i know i love it when people see it has 1 or 2 options ticked and claim its fully loaded

S3 (8P)

Status
    Look great in Red.
    If running costs are not an issue I would swap.
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

1st Gear

Status
    My brother has he has a milltek full system on it and sounds amazing also not to forget the LPG it runs on

1st Gear

Status
    Pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    r32 with lpg cap on the side? really? REALLY??
    he could at least put a hidden cap!!
    pwilliamson1991 likes this.

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

5th Gear

Status
    Looks a nice car although if I'm honest the lpg conversion kills it for me, especially the filler cap on the rear bumper
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Previous
    2010 R36 Saloon in Biscay Blue
    2008 Red S3
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro S-line Sportback dsg Avus silver
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro Sport Sportback dsg Black

1st Gear

Status
    yeh its nice the car the sound of the v6 is epic and economy is decent aswell now not too bothered about the cap to be honest as when he sells it he will just get the circle that has been cut out plasti welded back in and painted so there will be no sign

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    i'm not talking about that. it's just weird to see high performance car, and then on the side of the bumper lpg cap!

2nd Gear

Status
    Getting increasingly difficult to sell the big engined petrol cars, you would have to be a moron to buy one.....thats what the boring people say anyway.

i say do it!!

pwilliamson1991 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    yeh does look a bit off should had a bit of a better location
    S. likes this.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    now we both agree :D

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    I'd say hold out for an S3 if that's your plan. Depends on what you want from the deal. R32s sound good, but aren't very tunable, and no sat-nav doesn't sound very "fully loaded" to me... what else does it not have? Bare in mind that it's not just tax and fuel, the R is going to be a lot more to run in every way - insurance, tax, fuel, oil, tyres, brakes, plugs... everything.

If you're wanting to try a Golf, and are swaying towards petrol, get a GTI or even an ED30. They're both mappable to beyond R32 power, and is the better car in every way except sound and only FWD (which isn't always a bad thing).
    NHN likes this.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    it's easier to get and retrofit sat nav than buckets isn't it? also if it's getting a swap for a tuned tdi it's a great deal. it would be easier to sell r32 than tuned tdi later on...

1st Gear

Status
    Used to date a girl who owned an R32 while my S3 was still standard. Couldn't believe how sluggish the R32 felt to drive coming from the standard S3. Personally, I'd have one in my 'dream' garage purely for the noise, but in the real world I'd take a GTI, Golf R or S3 any day of the week.

5th Gear

Status
    My fathers advice is keep my car forever and buy an rs4 in a years time :-/ sounds like the best plan ever, all i need is 17k better get selling some serious shops lol, i guess imback on the modification board just fittex my audi a8 LED number plate bulbs and had front grilsl sprayed gloss black

image.jpg

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    well a highly tuned R32 will wipe out an S3 any day of the week ...
    You just made my point entirely, "a highly tuned R32", to get to that level on that engine will cost thousands, whereas tuning say an S3 even to 360 BHP is a fraction of the cost, given the OP's love of tuning, he'd be mad to buy an R32 & then be stuck at stock power, which for me is not that exciting & cost the earth to increase.

Let alone, insurance, road tax, fuel cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast