EGR Delete TDI 140

Graham89

Derv Perv
Reaction score
Since completing an EGR delete last year I have been living with an EML on the dash. Is there anyway of having the code removed permanently so it doesn't come back up? If I delete the code the light disappears for about 2-3 days then comes back again.

Yep, get a remap & it can be removed from the ECU. Some company's may just do the EGR delete...

Not with VCDS no, you can remove the fault code but it'll come back till its mapped out

Some tuners will be able to just give you the software for switching off the EML but what's the point...........get it remapped at the same time and enjoy the power of about 180/185bhp.......mwoaaahhhhh!!!!!

Reactions: gupsterg
How does the EGR delete effect fuel economy? Considering doing this on mine,

Thanks for the update guys. Currently using a DTUK box but a remap sounds tempting to remove the EGR software. Can anyone recommend somewhere regarding TDI's?

Fuel economy is not affected at all. If I'm sensible on the motorways (60-70mph) I can average 60+mpg

Since your in Chelmsford you may want to check out AMD Essex in lakeside. Give them a ring and get a quote... Loads of guys here have used them and come highly recommended

I'm getting my EGR blanked off on the weekend and hopefully book it in for a remap next week.
I'm using R-Tech in Leicestershire, they will remap, remove the EML light and fix the Hot/Warm Start issue all together.

I'm getting my EGR blanked off on the weekend and hopefully book it in for a remap next week.
I'm using R-Tech in Leicestershire, they will remap, remove the EML light and fix the Hot/Warm Start issue all together.

The hot start fix is a major plus of having it done at the same time as the remap. Soooo good for it to fire up instantly at all temperatures :)

Reactions: J8TT X