Audi 8P1 to S3 front conversion

ItsAllGood

Reaction score
Hope everyone is good!
just bought myself an Audi 8P1 3 door split-grill, got this very cheap. Thats why I bought this. And I have been looking at the S3's which I find much more attractive and aggresive compared to the 1st gen 8p. Alot of people from AS has done this conversion succesfully. But a large amount of people disagree about the part numbers for the front. So I get very confused.
this is my car:
2qm292s.jpg

This has fog lights, and headlight washer. I'm not sure if needed to say but I have a 1.6 FSI motor 115hk.
reason I want to do this mod is because my front end is abit scratched up and probably needs a new front-bumper, and repaint. So why not buy a much more nicer front? :)
so the question is, what parts do I need (part number please)
thanks in advice guys!

want mine to look like this: (got this picture off google by typing "Audi S3 8P")

23kq100.jpg

Basics you'll need to get like the one in the pic would be bonnet wings bumper grill and lights.
If you go for the 8p2 s line conversion you'd only need bumper and bonnet with a grill. This is the 8p2 s line conversion ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375200007968523

Hope that helps.

You only need wings if doing 09 facelift upgrade.

Basics you'll need to get like the one in the pic would be bonnet wings bumper grill and lights.
If you go for the 8p2 s line conversion you'd only need bumper and bonnet with a grill. This is the 8p2 s line conversion

Hope that helps.
Is the bonnet in the picture you sent equivalent as the s3 bonnet? What would the part number be bud? :)
really liking that sline.

2003-2005 bonnets are slightly different due to the split grill.

2005-2008 bonnets fit sport bumpers and s line bumpers.

2009-2012 are different again I believe but would need that confirming.

If you want to go for the S line front end as like mine you'd need a 2005-2008 s line bumper. Any 2005-2008 front grill. Some A4 fog lights or a3 s line fogs.and any bonnet from 2005-2008. Hope that helps.

I'm not exactly sure what parts are required for the 09 facelift.

2003-2005 bonnets are slightly different due to the split grill.

2005-2008 bonnets fit sport bumpers and s line bumpers.

2009-2012 are different again I believe but would need that confirming.

If you want to go for the S line front end as like mine you'd need a 2005-2008 s line bumper. Any 2005-2008 front grill. Some A4 fog lights or a3 s line fogs.and any bonnet from 2005-2008. Hope that helps.

I'm not exactly sure what parts are required for the 09 facelift.

thanks!
i will now hunt for 05-08 bonnets. I think I would go for the s-line front. Looks more modern compared to the S3.

for the 8p1 to 8p2 you need the bumper and bonnet

but to go to the 8p3 you need to also get wings, hinges, brackets, cables, front slam panel etc...

Reactions: Wookie82
You only need wings if doing 09 facelift upgrade.

I'll expand on that as it reads funny, you only need to change the wings, if you do the 09 onwards upgrade, any upgrades before don't need wings changing.