Volks AutosMonster Motorsport

Thread: Rear lights

1st Gear

Status

Rear lights

While de-icing the car in the dark this morning I noticed that there were no lights on in the part of the rear light units that is in the boot door. Are there supposed to be lights there? I can imagine them just being busted because it can't be healthy for a lightbulb to live in a boot door that gets slammed shut constantly.

2. # ADS
    ADS

VOIP Dude

Status

Re: Rear lights

Just rear fog and reverse lights I think..... so unless your fogs were on and you were in reverse with the ignition on then they wouldnt be lit.

2nd Gear

Status

Outlore is correct. On the A4 and A6 they are also rear lights but not on the A3 SB. Also, I think we only have one active fog light on the driver's side.

1st Gear

Status

Thanks for confirming this.

Too bad that they are not rear lights though. I was behind a new A4 the other day and thought the lights looked fantastic. Wonderful I thought, that's how my rear lights look as well..... Ah well, nevermind. Can't see my own backside anyway
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif[/img]

The fog light on one side is a good thing. Otherwise people would think that you are breaking.

Uber pimp meister

Status

No, the fog lights are on both sides. Great for making tailgaters jump out of their skin [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    No, the fog lights are on both sides. Great for making tailgaters jump out of their skin [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, if only we had those handy independent foglight buttons to perform this as you can on Alfas [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

VOIP Dude

Status

I only have one.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Too bad that they are not rear lights though. I was behind a new A4 the other day and thought the lights looked fantastic. Wonderful I thought, that's how my rear lights look as well.....

[/ QUOTE ]
    I've had exactly the same thoughts and was also disappointed to find the inner lights on the Sportback aren't illuminated like the A4 is. However, if you were really bothered about it, I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to wire in. You'd need dual-filament bulbs and matching bulb holders (with two current inputs, one for sidelight, one for fog), and then it's simply a case of running an wire from each sidelight connector into the holder.

Might be a nice project ...

2nd Gear

Status

Ok, thought I had only one rear fog on the driver's side, but actually they both work. The 2005 model loaner I had before only had one but that could simply have been a blown bulb I suppose.