Most realistic TDI brake upgrade?

Mikemc

Scooby Slayer
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Upon someone pulling out on me a few month back and the car feeling like it wasn't going to stop in time , I promised myself come brake pad renewal I'd purchase an upgrade of some sort.

Seen RS3 brakes for sale on another thread link for around 3-350?

But I'm guessing that would be a bit OTT.
What's your guys views in that?

Next choice would be S3 brake setup?

Or would a simple carriers and discs suffice?

I like a bit of sprited driving so obviously don't need extreme stopping power as if I was track racing.

Anybody with a tdi upgraded there brakes? What to? Dis you notice any major differences?

ive got R32 brakes all round and stops on the dot abit to good tbh

Reactions: PauliM
Heavy diesels and crap brakes. I'm thinking of just upgrading to the 312mm disc and pads:)

get the rear vented set up i have these and and fantastic

i have R32 brakes on front and yes the rears made a big differance

I have the s3/r32/a3 3.2 brakes on mine (yes they are the same brakes just different colour) and they are great! Definitely worth doing. You will need the discs, pads, callipers, carriers and brake hoses to do the install.
been posted on the site plenty of times

It was a decent price... around £400 iirc for the complete front and back callipers, carriers, discs and pads. picked it up from a breaker in birmingham... lucky for me the pads were like a month old or new should i say :)
still going strong too

not sure mate, i had the springs and brakes fitted at the same time... left the car at the garage and went to work, picked it up after work all done.
paid about £200 labour for the lot i think... its been a while now

and i take it some braided hose was needed like goodrich?

As Ash said, you don't necessarily need braided hoses. I would recommend though, new ones. I wouldn't use old ones. They are very important and very easy to be damaged by brakers when taken off the car. Thay are also not that expensive.

R32 front brake set up..

Pic