strange fault related to temp gauge.PLEASE help

meadowhill

Reaction score
My 57 plate 170 2.0 tdi has a strange fault.When driving at normal or low speed it sometimes has a small power surge of approx 150 rpm then back to normal.Every time this happens the temp gauge drops for a moment or completely to the bottom.I thought it was the temp sensor and replaced it with one from Euro Parts.It ha not made any difference.If the temp gauge is working ok all is well but when it starts playing up I have this annoying fault.I had a DPF removal and remap done about 3 months ago and all has been well until about 2 weeks ago when this fault started.Are there more than 1 temp sensors?Has anyone else had this problem?Can anyone help me please?Thanks

One thing, ONLY USE AUDI PARTS. I had the same problem with my a6, i bought a sensor from euro parts and it made no difference, i then bought one from audi and problem was fixed... as well as other problems that i would not think were related to a temp sensor. So i would go get one from audi, if it does not sort problem then just take it back :)

as for the amount of sensors, all audi's are different, mine is a v6 twin turbo petrol and i have 3 sensors lol

Looks like a trip to Audi for a new sensor.I only went to Euro parts because it was a Saturday afternoon and they were the only place open.I will post how I get on.