JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By S3Alex

Thread: Average on MPG on a 2.0 FSI Sport

  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    144

    Average on MPG on a 2.0 FSI Sport

    Just bought my first Audi!, Really like it but it's currently in the garage but let's forget about that!.

    I'm just wondering what the average MPG other people are getting, also should i be using unleaded or super unleaded? I heard super unleaded can increase MPG & power, is this true?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by tally2425 View Post
    Just bought my first Audi!, Really like it but it's currently in the garage but let's forget about that!.

    I'm just wondering what the average MPG other people are getting, also should i be using unleaded or super unleaded? I heard super unleaded can increase MPG & power, is this true?
    On a normally aspirated car,the gains in performance with super unleaded are usually very small,and on turbocharged cars,the gains come from being able to run higher boost levels safely.

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    On a normally aspirated car,the gains in performance with super unleaded are usually very small,and on turbocharged cars,the gains come from being able to run higher boost levels safely.
    Will i see an increase in MPG if i use it? and will it be better for the engine? or should i just stick to normally unleaded?

  5. #4
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by tally2425 View Post
    Will i see an increase in MPG if i use it? and will it be better for the engine? or should i just stick to normally unleaded?
    I'd certainly stick with a good quality premium unleaded,but a few percent more bhp at peak rpm isn't really worth it,and thrashing it to get that will certainly kill economy.

    Yes,you may see a small increase(a few percent) in mpg terms,but you have to weigh the cost of super unleaded against that.

    Best way is to try it,and see if you notice any gains,vs the cost.

  6. #5
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    221
    I usually only get about 250 miles out of a full tank, and that's town driving, with motorways I can get 350!
    Audi A3 54 plate 2.0 FSI Sport
    www.simplydents.co.uk

    Mods - 11 Rear lights, custom front matt black grille, I pod connection, S3 rear spoiler.

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by nik patel View Post
    I usually only get about 250 miles out of a full tank, and that's town driving, with motorways I can get 350!
    I guess that isn't too bad!, i'll just go easy on the throttle

  8. #7
    leeds2592's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want a 964!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,169

    My Social Networking

    Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    I'm stuggling to get over 30mpg at the moment in my 2.0FSI. 95% of my driving is around town, start/stop stuff and I've also got the EML on the dash which could have something to do with it.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    I'm stuggling to get over 30mpg at the moment in my 2.0FSI. 95% of my driving is around town, start/stop stuff and I've also got the EML on the dash which could have something to do with it.
    Ouchh, how much petrol do you put in a week? just out of curiosity

  10. #9
    leeds2592's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want a 964!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,169

    My Social Networking

    Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by tally2425 View Post
    Ouchh, how much petrol do you put in a week? just out of curiosity
    I also think exhaust has started blowing again which won't help. If I reset it before going on a long motorway journey I can easily 35mpg+.

    Put in around £20 a week but I don't drive that much, only to and from work 5 days a week, to and from the gym and just other small journeys. I've never filled the tank right to full and seen how many miles it does though. May give it a go and see what I get.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bridlington
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    I also think exhaust has started blowing again which won't help.

    Put in around £20 a week but I don't drive that much, only to and from work 5 days a week, to and from the gym and just other small journeys. I've never filled the tank right to full and seen how many miles it does though. May give it a go and see what I get.
    Yeah would be interesting to see what you get and i get just to compare them both!, £20 isn't too bad i guess!

    also do you use unleaded or super unleaded?

  12. #11
    leeds2592's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want a 964!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,169

    My Social Networking

    Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by tally2425 View Post
    Yeah would be interesting to see what you get and i get just to compare them both!, £20 isn't too bad i guess!

    also do you use unleaded or super unleaded?
    I just use unleaded now. I used super unleaded for quite a while for a test but for the price, I didn't see any rise in mpg or performance tbh.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

  13. #12
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,815
    Quote Originally Posted by nik patel View Post
    I usually only get about 250 miles out of a full tank, and that's town driving, with motorways I can get 350!
    I get that with my 360bhp S3

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 08:42
  2. MPG AUDI A3 1.6 FSI 2004
    By FINEST_A3 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st August 2012, 18:31
  3. Audi A3 2.0 FSI Sport
    By ronakc in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 5th March 2007, 09:40
  4. MPG of A3 1.8 T sport (150 bhp)
    By TDI-line in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th January 2005, 12:00
  5. A3 2.0T FSI Sport DSG/Quattro - no Dual Exhaust?
    By schem in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th October 2004, 12:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO