JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By S3Alex

Thread: Average on MPG on a 2.0 FSI Sport

1st Gear

Status

Average on MPG on a 2.0 FSI Sport

Just bought my first Audi!, Really like it but it's currently in the garage but let's forget about that!.

I'm just wondering what the average MPG other people are getting, also should i be using unleaded or super unleaded? I heard super unleaded can increase MPG & power, is this true?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tally2425 View Post
    Just bought my first Audi!, Really like it but it's currently in the garage but let's forget about that!.

I'm just wondering what the average MPG other people are getting, also should i be using unleaded or super unleaded? I heard super unleaded can increase MPG & power, is this true?
    On a normally aspirated car,the gains in performance with super unleaded are usually very small,and on turbocharged cars,the gains come from being able to run higher boost levels safely.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    On a normally aspirated car,the gains in performance with super unleaded are usually very small,and on turbocharged cars,the gains come from being able to run higher boost levels safely.
    Will i see an increase in MPG if i use it? and will it be better for the engine? or should i just stick to normally unleaded?

Rarely neutral

Status
    Will i see an increase in MPG if i use it? and will it be better for the engine? or should i just stick to normally unleaded?
    I'd certainly stick with a good quality premium unleaded,but a few percent more bhp at peak rpm isn't really worth it,and thrashing it to get that will certainly kill economy.

Yes,you may see a small increase(a few percent) in mpg terms,but you have to weigh the cost of super unleaded against that.

Best way is to try it,and see if you notice any gains,vs the cost.

1st Gear

Status
    I usually only get about 250 miles out of a full tank, and that's town driving, with motorways I can get 350!
    Audi A3 54 plate 2.0 FSI Sport
    www.simplydents.co.uk

Mods - 11 Rear lights, custom front matt black grille, I pod connection, S3 rear spoiler.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nik patel View Post
    I usually only get about 250 miles out of a full tank, and that's town driving, with motorways I can get 350!
    I guess that isn't too bad!, i'll just go easy on the throttle

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    I'm stuggling to get over 30mpg at the moment in my 2.0FSI. 95% of my driving is around town, start/stop stuff and I've also got the EML on the dash which could have something to do with it.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    I'm stuggling to get over 30mpg at the moment in my 2.0FSI. 95% of my driving is around town, start/stop stuff and I've also got the EML on the dash which could have something to do with it.
    Ouchh, how much petrol do you put in a week? just out of curiosity

Status

My Social Networking

Ouchh, how much petrol do you put in a week? just out of curiosity
    I also think exhaust has started blowing again which won't help. If I reset it before going on a long motorway journey I can easily 35mpg+.

Put in around £20 a week but I don't drive that much, only to and from work 5 days a week, to and from the gym and just other small journeys. I've never filled the tank right to full and seen how many miles it does though. May give it a go and see what I get.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    I also think exhaust has started blowing again which won't help.

Put in around £20 a week but I don't drive that much, only to and from work 5 days a week, to and from the gym and just other small journeys. I've never filled the tank right to full and seen how many miles it does though. May give it a go and see what I get.
    Yeah would be interesting to see what you get and i get just to compare them both!, £20 isn't too bad i guess!

also do you use unleaded or super unleaded?

Status

My Social Networking

Yeah would be interesting to see what you get and i get just to compare them both!, £20 isn't too bad i guess!

also do you use unleaded or super unleaded?
    I just use unleaded now. I used super unleaded for quite a while for a test but for the price, I didn't see any rise in mpg or performance tbh.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport

Boycie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nik patel View Post
    I get that with my 360bhp S3