EM TuningChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris6t9

Thread: Logbook says sport but its an s-line?

1st Gear

Status

Logbook says sport but its an s-line?

Does anyone else have this problem and is it fixable?

I have just noticed that my A3 Quattro S-line's v5 says that its a sport, however its an s-line with s-line seats ect... If I ring up the DVLA will they change it?

I have spoken to Audi and they have confirmed to me that it is manufactured as an s-line, but does everyone else's say its a sport instead of an s-line?

If someone can let me know if there's says s-line or not, and if it does then ill give them a call tomorrow.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Nope
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

1st Gear

Status
    Surely that's wrong though, as it is actually in-fact an s-line, was registered as an s-line, and the DVLA have made a cock up?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    you cant get it changed

1st Gear

Status
    I used to know someone who worked at a car dealership who told me mistakes do happen. 2 cars come in, both the same model and colour. They have plates that are a few digits apart. One is a 1.4 and one is a 1.6. Can you guess what sometimes happens?

1st Gear

Status
    But its a S-LINE?? If Audi says its an s-line, then the dvla must change it surely....

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris6t9 View Post
    But its a S-LINE?? If Audi says its an s-line, then the dvla must change it surely....
    but did audi register it as an s-line ?
    you only have there word for it.
    if dvla have made the cock up they will have all the paperwork from audi on there computer and will change it if its there fault

i had an old b7 2004 one of the first this was on the v5 as a sport but it had everything s-line from factory sales invoice said s-line but could not get it changed

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris6t9 View Post
    Try calling the DVLA, if they say they cant change it then you need to have a conversation with whoever you bought it from - thats if it was advertised and sold as an S Line?
    Dean.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean_T View Post
    Try calling the DVLA, if they say they cant change it then you need to have a conversation with whoever you bought it from - thats if it was advertised and sold as an S Line?
    but surley you would look at the v5 and do a hpi check then you would have known it was down as a sport and not s-line as you thought ?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    also what year is it and reg ?

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Apparently dvla don't change the model spec,

but they did change my Vw which was a 1.9 on the logbook to a 2 litre once I sent them the confirmation letter from vw along with a cover letter to the dvla

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    As per Bez, I know for a fact if the dvla made the mistake which they do & often, personal experience, they will change it no problem & at there expense.

What year is it?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    does it actually matter?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chinnyhill10 View Post
    I used to know someone who worked at a car dealership who told me mistakes do happen. 2 cars come in, both the same model and colour. They have plates that are a few digits apart. One is a 1.4 and one is a 1.6. Can you guess what sometimes happens?
    unless some one swapped the plates.... nothing?

1st Gear

Status
    Its a 57 plate 170 Quattro s-line. Yes i did buy it as an s-line. Ill have to ring them tomorrow I guess Audi said it was registered as an s-line when I rung them and gave them the VIN

5th Gear

Status
    Has it been imported?

I had a 1.8T 8L which had been imported and wrongly registered by the previous owner as a 1.8T. Insurance was cheap and insurance company was happy with it because it wasn't engine swapped.

1st Gear

Status
    Nope . My main concern is with the re-sell (if i ever decide to sell it). Personally i dont mind what it says as i know its an s-line, but selling it as a s-line when it says its a sport wont go down very well i should imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfworth View Post
    Has it been imported?

I had a 1.8T 8L which had been imported and wrongly registered by the previous owner as a 1.8T. Insurance was cheap and insurance company was happy with it because it wasn't engine swapped.

5th Gear

Status
    s-line = sport line?

3rd Gear

Status
    Preferences

§
    -
    =
    Backspace

Tab
    q
    w
    e
    r
    t
    y
    u
    i
    o
    p
    [
    ]

Return

capslock
    a
    s
    d
    f
    g
    h
    j
    k
    l
    ;
    '
    \

shift
    `
    z
    x
    c
    v
    b
    n
    m
    /
    shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Polski

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

I have the same issue too. Registered as Sport even though it is clearly an S-Line.

Was told that because mine is a 2006, it was when Audi offered S-Line upgrades as an option for the Sport rather than as a separate model like it is today.

Never thought about ringing Audi though to see what they registered it as though.
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Ok so have an update. I called the DVLA, and they said they would be happy to change it for me if i get proof from audi. I then called audi who are sending me proof that it is an s-line and confirmed that it is. I then only have to send back my v5 with audis letter to get it changed.
    Im happy now

5th Gear

Status
    For all you know it started life as a sport model and has had the s line bits done to it like ive done to my car, look for spray painted parts like the bumpers also go to audi they will tell you whether ot was registered as a sport or an s line its simple if audi say its a sport model then the dealer has conned you
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

1st Gear

Status
    Its an s-line. Read the post just before yours .

Thought the dvla were going to be a pain in the arse, but its easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TDI140 View Post
    For all you know it started life as a sport model and has had the s line bits done to it like ive done to my car, look for spray painted parts like the bumpers also go to audi they will tell you whether ot was registered as a sport or an s line its simple if audi say its a sport model then the dealer has conned you

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry mate didnt read it before i posted, wish i could change mine to say s line lol :-/
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Most (maybe all slightly older) s-lines are called "sport" on the logbook. This is because s-line used to be an optional extra/pack that could be added to the sport model/trim level, and not an actual model itself.
    So even though s-line is now a model/trim level on its own the way they are registered on logbooks is still as if they are just an optional extra of the sport model.

1st Gear

Status
    Just thought id update this thread incase it comes up in a search. Its all done. (Took a few months) But i have recieved it back. So it is doable!
    Artimus likes this.