Having my turbo replaced i need help with a question please....URGENT

ondalow786

Reaction score
URGENT!!! ******

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, SINCE IVE HAD A RE-MAP DONE ON MY AUDI A3 2.0 TDI 140BHP 2008 MODEL BY AWSOME GTI.. I HAVE STARTED TO HEAR A POLICE SIREN FROM MY TURBO. DONT GET ME WRONG I HAVE LOTS OF POWER I CAN FEEL THE 180BHP POWER AND ITS GREAT, BUT THIS SIREN IS GETTING LOUDER AND LOUDER.
I SPOKE TO AWSOME THEY ADVISED ME TO HAVE MY TURBO REPLACED. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THEM IF POSSIBLE NEED TO KNOW URGENTLY... TA

1) CAN I REPLACE MY TURBO WITH A MORE POWERFUL TURBO I.E 170BHP MODEL TURBO CHARGER?
2) SHOULD I REPLACE THE TURBO OR RECONDITION IT?
3) WHAT WILL BE MY CHEAPER OPTION?

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME OUT - MY REG IS : US54MAB

THANKYOU

SAMMA

in relation to question 2-3 replace it don't recondition it..i've personally heard to many issue with reconditioned ones... even awesome gti themselves told me not worth reconditioning...

for question 1 not entirely sure another member can possibly inform you as i have a TFSI not TDI... it may be feasible though... but not sure if you'd have to remap again...

Thankyou for answering some of my questions... i appreciate your time.
can you recommend a place to buy a new turbo from? as i dont want to pay nearly 900 pounds for a turbo,
is a garrett turbo any good?

URGENT!!! ******

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME, SINCE IVE HAD A RE-MAP DONE ON MY AUDI A3 2.0 TDI 140BHP 2008 MODEL BY AWSOME GTI.. I HAVE STARTED TO HEAR A POLICE SIREN FROM MY TURBO. DONT GET ME WRONG I HAVE LOTS OF POWER I CAN FEEL THE 180BHP POWER AND ITS GREAT, BUT THIS SIREN IS GETTING LOUDER AND LOUDER.
I SPOKE TO AWSOME THEY ADVISED ME TO HAVE MY TURBO REPLACED. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THEM IF POSSIBLE NEED TO KNOW URGENTLY... TA

1) CAN I REPLACE MY TURBO WITH A MORE POWERFUL TURBO I.E 170BHP MODEL TURBO CHARGER?
2) SHOULD I REPLACE THE TURBO OR RECONDITION IT?
3) WHAT WILL BE MY CHEAPER OPTION?

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME OUT - MY REG IS : US54MAB

THANKYOU

SAMMA

if you want bigger turbo you need to buy a hybrid turbo the 170pd isnt a direct replacement but it had been done and does make good power with the right mods

Thankyou for answering some of my questions... i appreciate your time.
can you recommend a place to buy a new turbo from? as i dont want to pay nearly 900 pounds for a turbo,
is a garrett turbo any good?

Garret is what is on your car at the moment. Car parts for less do a oem turbo but personally I would go the hybrid route as they are designed to take more power so will last longer.

Garret is what is on your car at the moment. Car parts for less do a oem turbo but personally I would go the hybrid route as they are designed to take more power so will last longer.

do you know the part number and where can i get this hybrid turbo from for my car?
will i just need a hybrid turbo charger or other things as well to make it fit in the car?

midland turbos are very good for reconing your turbo..

do you know the part number and where can i get this hybrid turbo from for my car?
will i just need a hybrid turbo charger or other things as well to make it fit in the car?

I'm afraid I don't no the part number as I haven't fitted one myself. But amd Essex are good for information. You also need to change to oil feed pipe aswel plus exhaust system to allow extra gases to flow.

Putting a hybrid turbo sounds expensive. As I have to do further more mods on it to accommodate the hybrid turbo.

I'm in Manchester can some one help and sort my problem out... I'm sooooo confused!!!

Help!!!!!

You don't need a new turbo until its screaming and people in the street turn around thinking its a police car.

Until it reaches that level of noise, drive on.

I can hear the police siren in the car... And it loud when I crack the windows down

send your turbo in to have it hybred

AET 1 of many who i always use and never had a problem in over 30 turbos from them
hybred and oem

No, u can't hear it in the other street...
It's not that loud. Yet

AET one of many turbo places

google it its a company

Depending on your engine code, I have a brand new turbo here boxed for sale, standard as yours.

We maybe able to change it in Manchester aswell.

Amazing!!!!
How much is it gonna cost me?
As awesome have quoted me £850 including a new oem turbo...
I really need this turbo dobe

I very much doubt that's including a new oem turbo fitted with new gaskets, nuts etc.

I would check if that is with brand new or recon'd & includes vat as I'm suspicious of that price.

PM for a price mate.

You don't need a new turbo until its screaming and people in the street turn around thinking its a police car.

Until it reaches that level of noise, drive on.
i beg to differ i put mine on dyno had no screaming what happens turbo smashes to peices the explosion was so bad metal peices were found all the way up into the maf, so replace asap dont wait for it to get worse, hybrid is expensive but worth it if your keeping the car for while, mine was £1000 but milltek was £855 then i fitted new intercooler also forge hoses, catch can, so many mods but i had these all done before i knew turbo was going to blow up

See, mine was screaming so loud you could hear it in the next street away. There was no play in the shaft and no contact between the turbine and the casing. However, these turbos whine ever so slightly normally, and people come on here and are told to replace it because it whines. For all you know it could last another 60k on that whining turbo.

Its bearing becoming loose and as soon as they give way the shaft will moves and compressor wheels will hit the casing an dvend if your lucky, my turbo the shaft snapped clean off and smashes into a million peocesewhilst spinningand ended up everywher which is why you should change it. I had to change a boost hose due to the metal peices shreading it, so dont wait and just have it done as it will just end up costing you more and more if you wait for it to blow up

I've done 40k with my turbo whining like a police siren and its still going fine 😃 you can get a garage to remove it and inspect it. As if it doesn't need replacing your wasting money.

Just replace it for hybrid its so much more fun

I think the hybrid turbo is costing me too much..,
I've booked it in for a new oem turbo replacement.

Also should I get a blow off valve placed? Would that help take the pressure if the turbo as my car has been remapped ?????
Can someone answer that please???

I'm in the exact same boat as you! In thinking of getting a recon unit with 2 year Warrentee from essex turbo for £400. But after seeing what people say about recons it's making me think twice... I really don't want to pay a fortune. Do you REALLY need to add the extras when getting a hybrid, can't it just be mapped down to work nicely?

I'm in the exact same boat as you! In thinking of getting a recon unit with 2 year Warranty from essex turbo for £400. But after seeing what people say about recons it's making me think twice... I really don't want to pay a fortune. Do you REALLY need to add the extras when getting a hybrid, can't it just be mapped down to work nicely?

instead of changing the whole exhaust system maybe you can just to the cat back and DP... should save you 400quid

Blow off valve on a TDI ? It doesnt exsist mate and the crappy ebay ones look and sound like S*** leave blow off valves to the tfsi's