What clutch??

S3 AEX

Reaction score
I need a new clutch as it slipping in 4/5/6 sometimes 3rd at around 4k+ revs. I'm running JBS custom code stage 1, I was thinking a helix stage 1 clutch and luk DMF. Is that suffice or is there any you'd recommend? Thanks lads

Hi there id get a spec stage 3 or a loba stage 2 ..:)

What are the SMF like for gear change, town driving and engine noise? Don't want anything too heavy on the foot really.

What are the SMF like for gear change, town driving and engine noise? Don't want anything too heavy on the foot really.

None of these are particularly heavy,and will feel maybe slightly heavier than the stock clutch.

You will get more thrash at idle but not when moving.

Personally,I wouldn't recommend a Spec Stg 3 clutch as this is a paddle type clutch and they are often a pain in stop-start driving.

If you choose a Spec,then the Stg2+ would be fine.....mine is a Spec Stg3+ which is way more than you'd need,but both the 2+ and the 3+ are full face clutches,i.e. not made from a series of paddles.

None of these are particularly heavy,and will feel maybe slightly heavier than the stock clutch.

You will get more thrash at idle but not when moving.

Personally,I wouldn't recommend a Spec Stg 3 clutch as this is a paddle type clutch and they are often a pain in stop-start driving.

If you choose a Spec,then the Stg2+ would be fine.....mine is a Spec Stg3+ which is way more than you'd need,but both the 2+ and the 3+ are full face clutches,i.e. not made from a series of paddles.

Cheers Alex think I'm gonna go for your first bit of advice the sachs and luk DMF as I'm only planning of going as far as stage 2 at some point. Cheers bud

Cheers Alex think I'm gonna go for your first bit of advice the sachs and luk DMF as I'm only planning of going as far as stage 2 at some point. Cheers bud

The only warning with the Sachs is to give it a good few hundred miles of running in before booting it.

If you treat it badly in that period,it won't last well......drag style starts also are a no-no.

I had a Sachs until Stg4 came along,meaning it held onto 440lbs before giving in,and that's well above it's rating of 400lbs.

Changed my mind after reading many thread sim gonna go for the sachs loba.. Cheers lads

I just went with the Loba SMF combination and i'm liking it. It has a higher biting point than the standard clutch and makes a fair bit of noise on idle. The biggest difference is the bite you get in each gear, pulls really well and doesn't feel soft like the standard clutch.