engine limp mode/turbo. 2.0 tdi sports back 140

gasheadalan

Reaction score
hi I need help. last week I took the car to an Audi garage because the engine had gone into limp mode, they did the following ;checked and found under boost fault, found throttle and egr coked, cleaned and tested but still not better, remove down pipe and check turbo, found seizing internally and a new one required. apon this I then brought a new turbo for £1275. I fitted it yesterday and finished it today and still havnt noticed an improvement, its still in limp mode. if you squeeze the throttle to the floor it wont pull but if you just tickle it, it seems to have more power and on Monday I will go back to the garage to let them sort it out. have you got any suggestions on what I could do now ? thank you :banghead:

alan johnson

check all turbo hoses .

woow 1275 could of got your recon for less than 400 ;(

what was the fault code ?

hi thanks for your reply. the garage said that there is fault codes which was gases, which you would get with a broken turbo. but no fault codes given. spent the morning checking all pipes and all clear, no oil was detected

Just a quick one, but potentially the actuator at fault if the turbo has been replaced. Firstly the vains start to seize and this damages the actuator. Had this the other week on a passat.
Thanks
Ryan.

Really, I've had fair number of clogged turbo's to deal with clean up & not one actuator was damaged.

Recons are usually done with Chinese parts which are inferior to the originals & you cant buy original internals for these turbo's as Garrett don't sell them, so £400 could be buying you an inferior part.

Intake manifold flap got broken teeth inside?

Show us the scan log?

Have you cleared any faults since changing turbo?

hi nhn the turbo was from sasha engineering and it was a garrett one with all new,have not cleared the faults since fitting the new turbo.was not given a scan log

Usually an ignition cycle will clear limp, but yes could be stubborn & need clearing with vcds.

Sasha do recon turbo's, I thought yours was brand new, but alas, lets hope there words on ebay page are honest & true :)

nhn the turbo was remanufactured and not a recon. once I give them my old turbo they give me a discount so the turbo cost me £500. I am sorry if I have mislead anyone on this site. All being well I hope to et a good result from the garage tomorrow.