Interior boot light

chrissybhoy

Reaction score
Hey guys, iv done a search but to no avail. :-(

I'm crap at fixing stuff but gotta give it a go, how do I change the stupid interior boot light? Screwdriver and prise the cover off or do I have to take the panelling off to change the bulb?

Oh and what bulb is it in there?

Many thanks
Chris

There's a few screws you need to undo before you can take it out, think a 501

Look carefully and you'll see a slot at one end where you can lever it out with a small screwdriver. Take the cover off the back and change the bulb.

Oooo two different answers, I seem the slot so il give it a yank with a screw driver, if it snaps, I suppose il have to take the rest off anyway :)

Thanks for the help guys

It just pops off, use a screwdriver to lever it out then remove it from the housing. 2 minute job

Just took it, no breakages :)

Strange thing is though, it wasn't even connected :-/ hmm

Connected it but no joy, will try a new bulb :)

Thanks again

Just took it, no breakages :)

Strange thing is though, it wasn't even connected :-/ hmm

Connected it but no joy, will try a new bulb :)

Thanks again

What do you mean it wasn't connected? Try closing boot and opening again

I mean the connecting plug wasn't connected to the bulb holder, was just dangling down behind :-/ weird, iv had a look at the bulb and it looks shot

Check it again after you've been for a drive or two. You may find it'll start working.

Okay the dodgy bulb was replaced, still doesn't work.

Il keep an eye on it and see if it comes on in near future.

Iv just read on another forum that it could be corroded wiring up behind the rear wiper where the open/close switch is, hmm I think il just carry on without it lol

Speak to trupes and get urself the whole interior ( led ) pack its worthevery penny and if you ask trupes nicely lol he will send you a link ti how easy it is to put the led in to light housing and get it to work ' the reason i say this is i know nothing about lights in car or even anything about cars but i did fit my sun visor' dome front lights glove box and just awaiting my rear dome and boot and they shoukd just slip right in .