AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TDI140

Thread: Number plate bulbs out cant fix even with standard bulbs, been pulled 3 times now ???

5th Gear

Status

Number plate bulbs out cant fix even with standard bulbs, been pulled 3 times now ???

Help i cant get them to work ive been pulled over 3 times now and havnt a clue how to make them work again do i need to delete error code via vag com as no thread ive searched clearly tells me what to do

urgently need help
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Have you checked if a fuse had blown?

5th Gear

Status
    Yes checked but all interior lights and external lights are working
    A3 2.0TDI FWD sportback with GT1756 250.3bhp 336ft lb, forge boost hoses red, milltek decat system, BMC panel filter, golf gti edition 30 full front brakes brembo pads, black honeycomb grill, full oem s line kit + cupra r lip, LED side lights, OEM xenons, LED interior lighting, LED A8 number plate lights, boost gauge, alloy catch can with red hoses, FBSW, windows tinted, de-badged, now on air ride with chassis notch BBS CH

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Put in new led canbus ones, disconnect battery wait a bit reconect it, should work.
    Driving without rear number plate lights isn't actually as bait as you think, when a cars behind you it's headlamps light up the number plate

edit: nvm just read the bit about police, just put new ones in then disconnect battery wait then reconnect, for me I didn't have vagcom and originals won't work at all
    Last edited by sliced; 26th July 2013 at 23:24.
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

5th Gear

Status
    Make sure every contact face is scrupulously clean.

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Oh yea make sure it's the correct way round! And make sure the prongs are connecting to it
    Current: 8P3 '59 2.0 TFSI 3DR S-Line | Adaptive Bixenons with DLR's | Folding electric mirrors | Heated half leathers |
    Previous : '06 2.0 TDi Sportback in Dolphin Grey| SE | DSG | Satnav | Privacy glass | auto lights | comfort pack |

5th Gear

Status
    Whats correct way round ? The bulbs ? There the same both sides,

ill take earth off the battery and wait couple minutes see if it fixes it, got an annoying light on the dash keeps coming and going butbulbs aren't working at all,

Also connections are squeaky clean i even went and took all the boot lid apart to see if everything is connected and there was no breaks in wires there as well

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Hi mate after my led ones went out, I couldn't get original bulbs to work no matter how long the battery was disconnected for etc, if you got vagcom you should be able to delete the codes and the originals will work.

If you have a new set of LED festoons, fit them disconnect the battery then reconnect it after a while. I believe the led lights only work one way as its positive and negative sides to it but I could be mistaken.

Short Back

Status
    Yeah they can be tricky to get working after an error! I found it takes a bit of perseverance and plenty of key out, doors locked\unlocked action to clear the fault.

& yes, as said, the Canbus led's are polarity sensitive
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

5th Gear

Status
    Theres few people who have original LED audi ones on there cars from the audi a5 does anyone know part number of them ? Ill go audi and get a set also get new bulb holders just incase they are rust or connections are bad, ill try battery today later on see if it does the trick

5th Gear

Status
    Just ordered these from audi will they plug and play work straight away ?
    image.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Part numbers:

4H0 943 021

4H0 943 022

They will plug and play and look beautiful too, got them on mine

5th Gear

Status
    Exactly the same ones ive just ordered from tps, ill fit them and have codes cleared via vag com and hopefully that does the trick :-/
    sliced likes this.

Drive safe, stay alive.

Status
    Let us kno how it goes

Derv Perv

Status
    Yes they can be a nightmare to get sorted. When I changed mine for LED's they didn't work for ages. Then all of the sudden they started to work and been fine ever since. Good luck sorting it.