Which lowering springs to go for?

yea, i bet your current alloys are ET38, i can tell that by those pics by the paint on the tyre, the sidewall of your tyre doesnt tuck like et45's can due to being stuck out of the arch by 7mm compared to mine.

ensure alloys are ET45 or above and youll be fine

okay cool - dont really want to get rid of the tyres as they are £550 Eagle tyres :(

Sorry to bring up an old(ish) thread but i need an answer and can't see it was posted before...I just bought rs4 reps...lookin to put 225/40/18 on them and going to be lowered on 55mm H&R's, its has et35 and 8j wide, current wheels are 205/55/16 6J et50...will this rub or not? Thanks in advance

considering I've mentioned it in almost every single one of my posts in this thread, simply put.. Yes it'll rub

Sorry I thought with different et it may be a different answer

Nope, if you read it carefully, and i know its difficult to get your head around it, the lowest number offset you can go without insanely stretching tyres is ET45.

You could try stretching 215's or 205's on there to get the tread inside the arch, but personally i think stretch looks awful and isnt safe for the way i drive cars

Thanks...would it matter if the car wasn't lowered? I hope this isn't a stupid question

well, considering the OP had his ET38's rubbing when it wasnt lowered then yea i guess it'd still rub if it wasnt lowered.

Best option would be to order the correct offset to save a whole load of hassle on your behalf

Looks like I will have some wheels to sell, thanks