dsg oil change

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
hi guys looking at cars for a mate of mine, stumbled upon one with full vw history.

110k miles and has only had the dsg oil changed at 40k, no other time, so has done like 70k miles without a dsg oil change.

Should i avoid even looking at the car, or is it worth considering?

I wouldn't bother either. Skimping on DSG fluid for so long could mean issues are just down the road & any fault won't be a cheap fix.

Incidentally, I've just had a quote from Audi for this, as mine will need its first change soon (38,700 miles currently) ...£257+VAT may be why the owner hasn't bothered for a while. Needless to say I'm looking for independents in my area.

When I bought my Audi they charged £180ish + VAT for the DSg oil change. Local indy here, whom I used for another car charge £135 all in incl VAT.. Or if you are a good DIYer, it's about £80 for the 5 litres of oil and filter.

Reactions: sliced
Hi thanks for the replies, local audi does it for £179 all inclusive so I'm not worried about the cost, just wondering if failing to change the dsg oil is going to prematurely wear/ damage the gearbox

imho any lack of proper oil changes especially the very extended one you mention will have an adverse affect on the gearbox internals. But if it drives ok, then I'd buy the car and have the oil and filter changes done as part of the deal.