BCS Exhausts

Dean_T

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
Anyone have one fitted to their car, particularly the powervalve system?

I like the idea of the powervalve system which is fairly standard running 'off boost' but sounds a bit more sexual when 'on boost', as below;

Thoughts on build quality, noise etc?

It sounds like it ticks the boxes as in not too boomy in the cabin while tootling around but when the need arises it wakes up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think its Nige at BCS, probably one of the best you can buy. It would be my choice if I had to again.

They were looking for an 8P S3 3 door for development work on an exhaust recently, don't know if they found someone.

I have the BCS 3" downpipe and 200 cell sports cat on mine ... fitted by AMD - they liked the build quality.

I have a BCS downpipe too, then a Milltek cat back. The BCS downpipe is fantastic quality, the reason I went to them for the downpipe instead of Milltek was the failures of the Milltek downpipes, welds cracking, and the reason being the flexi they use is a tiny 100mm long one compared to BCS's 250mm long and they also throw in the powerflex lower engine mount bush, to help stop the engine moving as much hence stop welds cracking.

I have a BCS downpipe w 100cel cat mated to miltek backbox, this thing rips!! if i remember correctly the diamiter is slightly larger than 3" so helps early spool up, probably the best mod for the money. Get the de-cat i wish i did.

I have a BCS downpipe too, then a Milltek cat back. The BCS downpipe is fantastic quality, the reason I went to them for the downpipe instead of Milltek was the failures of the Milltek downpipes, welds cracking, and the reason being the flexi they use is a tiny 100mm long one compared to BCS's 250mm long and they also throw in the powerflex lower engine mount bush, to help stop the engine moving as much hence stop welds cracking.

Yes forgot about the bush ... although there is still a little more vibration in the cabin ...

Billiant exhausts from what i have seen and made properly nice,the Golf R system is a piece of art to be honest

Thanks for the input - sounds like they are a good quality product :)

This is the exact reason I'm looking to somewhere other than Milltek.

I dont suppose any of you guys have read of anyone else having the powervalve system fitted to an engine such as ours?

Links would be appreciative :)

The mk5GTI forum seem to have a lot of members who have them.

I personally wouldn't spend the extra money on the BCS cat back over the Milltek, the sound mine makes when taking it easy is still reasonably quiet, yes it's louder than standard but nothing like a 1.2 corsa with a big back box on lol.
Then when you do want to put your foot down its loud, basically a powervalve system without the valve lol

Plus awesome are doing the cat back for about £370 with the code inters13

I personally wouldn't spend the extra money on the BCS cat back over the Milltek, the sound mine makes when taking it easy is still reasonably quiet, yes it's louder than standard but nothing like a 1.2 corsa with a big back box on lol.
Then when you do want to put your foot down its loud, basically a power valve system without the valve lol

i think what Dean_T is saying is that since Milltek seem to be ****** up the weldings and the exhaust hangars which are known to fail... he wants a BCS DP and 200 cell box.. with a milltek if not mistaken.. im also intrigued by this as im looking hopefully in the near future to get the exhaust all done..

Seb.

I don't know whether he's after the full BCS, I'm just saying I wouldn't spend the extra money on something that happens anyway, drive a car slow it will be quiet, boot it and it'll be loud lol

Then when you do want to put your foot down its loud, basically a powervalve system without the valve lol

It's more the droning I want to avoid - I have had a performance exhaust before and the droning was an annoyance - the BCS exhausts sound like the answer to me, so far anyway.

Sevv is right too - the quality of the Millteks does concern me and someone on here has had a warranty claim rejected and that is concerning - plus its all about trying new things eh :)

Thanks for the heads up on the mk5 forum :)

I did a bit of reading and searching on there and came up with the below threads, just in case anyone else is interested;

Octavia VRS TFSI BCS Exhaust - Skoda Octavia II (2004 - 2013) - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community

K04 stage 2+ downpipe?

Another MASSIVE big up the the BCS boys!

There were more threads but I purposely left them out as they were more about arguing about which exhaust was best rather than being constructive.

Yeh you will get that on every thread.

If you are worried about droning mine doesn't drone when driving, it will drone when you first start up and the engines cold and it idles slightly higher than normal but after 1 minute that gone.

And that's a full de-cat downpipe so 3" from turbo to milltek then that drops to 2.75" to the back box and tailpipes. I thought it was going to be stupid loud but I'm really pleased the way it sounds!

Thanks for the input - sounds like they are a good quality product :)

This is the exact reason I'm looking to somewhere other than Milltek.

I dont suppose any of you guys have read of anyone else having the powervalve system fitted to an engine such as ours?

Links would be appreciative :)

Yeah the golf R's are basically the same set up as ours and look and sound very good