Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: BCS Exhausts

3rd Gear

Status

Question BCS Exhausts

Anyone have one fitted to their car, particularly the powervalve system?

I like the idea of the powervalve system which is fairly standard running 'off boost' but sounds a bit more sexual when 'on boost', as below;

Thoughts on build quality, noise etc?

It sounds like it ticks the boxes as in not too boomy in the cabin while tootling around but when the need arises it wakes up a bit.
    Dean.

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Think its Nige at BCS, probably one of the best you can buy. It would be my choice if I had to again.

They were looking for an 8P S3 3 door for development work on an exhaust recently, don't know if they found someone.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

1st Gear

Status
    I have the BCS 3" downpipe and 200 cell sports cat on mine ... fitted by AMD - they liked the build quality.
    APR Carbonio CAI / Eibach ARBs / BCS 3" Downpipe & Sports Cat / H&R 50mm Springs / APR Stage 2 / WALK / Forge Quickshift / RNSE / Forge 330 Big Brake / Carbon Grab Handles / Whiteline F&R Adj Drop Links / R8 Oil Cap / Porsche Coolant Cap / Front and Rear Footwell Lights / Puddle and Warning Door Lights / APR Intercooler

1st Gear

Status
    I have a BCS downpipe too, then a Milltek cat back. The BCS downpipe is fantastic quality, the reason I went to them for the downpipe instead of Milltek was the failures of the Milltek downpipes, welds cracking, and the reason being the flexi they use is a tiny 100mm long one compared to BCS's 250mm long and they also throw in the powerflex lower engine mount bush, to help stop the engine moving as much hence stop welds cracking.
    2010 Condor Grey S3 Sportback S-Tronic. 354bhp 414ft/lb.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a BCS downpipe w 100cel cat mated to miltek backbox, this thing rips!! if i remember correctly the diamiter is slightly larger than 3" so helps early spool up, probably the best mod for the money. Get the de-cat i wish i did.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by H17YD L View Post
    I have a BCS downpipe too, then a Milltek cat back. The BCS downpipe is fantastic quality, the reason I went to them for the downpipe instead of Milltek was the failures of the Milltek downpipes, welds cracking, and the reason being the flexi they use is a tiny 100mm long one compared to BCS's 250mm long and they also throw in the powerflex lower engine mount bush, to help stop the engine moving as much hence stop welds cracking.
    Yes forgot about the bush ... although there is still a little more vibration in the cabin ...
    APR Carbonio CAI / Eibach ARBs / BCS 3" Downpipe & Sports Cat / H&R 50mm Springs / APR Stage 2 / WALK / Forge Quickshift / RNSE / Forge 330 Big Brake / Carbon Grab Handles / Whiteline F&R Adj Drop Links / R8 Oil Cap / Porsche Coolant Cap / Front and Rear Footwell Lights / Puddle and Warning Door Lights / APR Intercooler

3rd Gear

Status
    Billiant exhausts from what i have seen and made properly nice,the Golf R system is a piece of art to be honest

Phantom Black S3,Giac stg 1,Evoms intake,Lamin-x
    (to do list,update signature pic)

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the input - sounds like they are a good quality product

This is the exact reason I'm looking to somewhere other than Milltek.

I dont suppose any of you guys have read of anyone else having the powervalve system fitted to an engine such as ours?

Links would be appreciative
    Dean.

1st Gear

Status
    The mk5GTI forum seem to have a lot of members who have them.

I personally wouldn't spend the extra money on the BCS cat back over the Milltek, the sound mine makes when taking it easy is still reasonably quiet, yes it's louder than standard but nothing like a 1.2 corsa with a big back box on lol.
    Then when you do want to put your foot down its loud, basically a powervalve system without the valve lol

Plus awesome are doing the cat back for about £370 with the code inters13

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook

I personally wouldn't spend the extra money on the BCS cat back over the Milltek, the sound mine makes when taking it easy is still reasonably quiet, yes it's louder than standard but nothing like a 1.2 corsa with a big back box on lol.
    Then when you do want to put your foot down its loud, basically a power valve system without the valve lol

i think what Dean_T is saying is that since Milltek seem to be bugger up the weldings and the exhaust hangars which are known to fail... he wants a BCS DP and 200 cell box.. with a milltek if not mistaken.. im also intrigued by this as im looking hopefully in the near future to get the exhaust all done..

Seb.

1st Gear

Status
    I don't know whether he's after the full BCS, I'm just saying I wouldn't spend the extra money on something that happens anyway, drive a car slow it will be quiet, boot it and it'll be loud lol

3rd Gear

Status

Then when you do want to put your foot down its loud, basically a powervalve system without the valve lol

It's more the droning I want to avoid - I have had a performance exhaust before and the droning was an annoyance - the BCS exhausts sound like the answer to me, so far anyway.

Sevv is right too - the quality of the Millteks does concern me and someone on here has had a warranty claim rejected and that is concerning - plus its all about trying new things eh

Thanks for the heads up on the mk5 forum

I did a bit of reading and searching on there and came up with the below threads, just in case anyone else is interested;

Octavia VRS TFSI BCS Exhaust - Skoda Octavia II (2004 - 2013) - BRISKODA.net - The Skoda Forum and Community

K04 stage 2+ downpipe?

Another MASSIVE big up the the BCS boys!

There were more threads but I purposely left them out as they were more about arguing about which exhaust was best rather than being constructive.
    Dean.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeh you will get that on every thread.

If you are worried about droning mine doesn't drone when driving, it will drone when you first start up and the engines cold and it idles slightly higher than normal but after 1 minute that gone.

And that's a full de-cat downpipe so 3" from turbo to milltek then that drops to 2.75" to the back box and tailpipes. I thought it was going to be stupid loud but I'm really pleased the way it sounds!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean_T View Post
    Thanks for the input - sounds like they are a good quality product

This is the exact reason I'm looking to somewhere other than Milltek.

I dont suppose any of you guys have read of anyone else having the powervalve system fitted to an engine such as ours?

Links would be appreciative
    Yeah the golf R's are basically the same set up as ours and look and sound very good

Phantom Black S3,Giac stg 1,Evoms intake,Lamin-x
    (to do list,update signature pic)