Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NHN

Thread: New to A3 2.0L TDI

Neutral

Status

Smile New to A3 2.0L TDI

Hi everyone I have recently purchased an Audi A3 2006 2.0TDI sport thought I'd say hello!
    I previously owned a 2002 TT petrol but due to work now moved to TDI and I must say I am not disappointed, MPG has caught me! Lol anyways I have a few plans for her already but for the moment I have to keep her standard as leaving for holiday shortly, I wanted to do a front end conversion to either a S-line or S3 but have noticed I have to change a lot more than just the bumpers if I want to do a full S3 conversion, so I was thinking S-line might be an easier/cheaper option, what's everyone's views on this? Also planing on wrapping in 3m satin pearl white with the black roof, but before this I have to get the bumpers which is the only reason it hasn't been done yet!
    i will upload a few pics soon, as I am at work now (bored) and only using the iPad

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boycie

Status
    S-Line all the way, nothing I hate more than seeing a badged up S3TDI.

Plans sound cool but the wrap is a lot of work! Any other plans like wheels or suspension? There are loads of retro fits available for the interior!

Neutral

Status
    Yeah I was thinking S-line, would a 2011 convertible S-line bumper for on mine? I can pick one up tomorrow, I do want to change the wheels for some BBS LMs lower 30mm as I live in London if I lower more it will scrape kmt lol possibly for the sline leather a3 or even a5 n a touch screen system either rnse or aftermarket unit, I'm having the CC retro fitted tomorrow which I am well chuffed about :D and also getting MY11 rear lights, the list is quite big already but there's still a few things I want to do to her, bigger intercooler will get fitted once I get back from holiday and a remap :D

Boycie

Status
    Not sure about the convertible bumper, I assume it won't.

LM's done to death but still a nice looking wheel - I would recommend H&R springs for the drop.

Intercooler, up to you but I would save my money. Only tuning I would do to a TDI, unless I had a bottomless pit of money, would be just a remap and a cat back exhaust for a bit more noise.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If you want to start fitting post mid 08 facelift front end parts, then this is allot more work than the 05-08 sline/s3 front & allot more money.

Intercooler is a complete waste of money, it wont make any difference without some serious upgrades to the engine which would require better IC, stock IC is perfectly suitable even for hybrid.
    Boydie likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    So if I were to put a big front end twincooler and remap wouldn't make much difference? Isn't the air intake going to be more+cooler than the factory fit IC? So from what you guys are saying I suppose i could get a post 08 S-line bumper and it's a straight fit? Or am I understanding this wrong? Sorry silly questions guys 🙈

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Unless you have an uprated turbo, standard remap doesn't need any upgrade on the intake side, I run hybrids on 2 cars & I use stock IC without issues.

Neutral

Status
    So I guess ill bra leaving the IC for now, would you say best thing to do De Cat and remap to improve its response?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No need to decat on a standard map, its not going to affect back pressure enough or at all to make it worth spending £200+ on imho, that also is a waste of money unless you start getting serious about the tuning.