New to A3 2.0L TDI

Clawdi

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have recently purchased an Audi A3 2006 2.0TDI sport thought I'd say hello!
I previously owned a 2002 TT petrol but due to work now moved to TDI and I must say I am not disappointed, MPG has caught me! Lol anyways I have a few plans for her already but for the moment I have to keep her standard as leaving for holiday shortly, I wanted to do a front end conversion to either a S-line or S3 but have noticed I have to change a lot more than just the bumpers if I want to do a full S3 conversion, so I was thinking S-line might be an easier/cheaper option, what's everyone's views on this? Also planing on wrapping in 3m satin pearl white with the black roof, but before this I have to get the bumpers which is the only reason it hasn't been done yet!
i will upload a few pics soon, as I am at work now (bored) and only using the iPad

S-Line all the way, nothing I hate more than seeing a badged up S3TDI.

Plans sound cool but the wrap is a lot of work! Any other plans like wheels or suspension? There are loads of retro fits available for the interior!

Yeah I was thinking S-line, would a 2011 convertible S-line bumper for on mine? I can pick one up tomorrow, I do want to change the wheels for some BBS LMs lower 30mm as I live in London if I lower more it will scrape kmt lol possibly for the sline leather a3 or even a5 n a touch screen system either rnse or aftermarket unit, I'm having the CC retro fitted tomorrow which I am well chuffed about :D and also getting MY11 rear lights, the list is quite big already but there's still a few things I want to do to her, bigger intercooler will get fitted once I get back from holiday and a remap :D

Not sure about the convertible bumper, I assume it won't.

LM's done to death but still a nice looking wheel - I would recommend H&R springs for the drop.

Intercooler, up to you but I would save my money. Only tuning I would do to a TDI, unless I had a bottomless pit of money, would be just a remap and a cat back exhaust for a bit more noise.

If you want to start fitting post mid 08 facelift front end parts, then this is allot more work than the 05-08 sline/s3 front & allot more money.

Intercooler is a complete waste of money, it wont make any difference without some serious upgrades to the engine which would require better IC, stock IC is perfectly suitable even for hybrid.

Reactions: Boydie
So if I were to put a big front end twincooler and remap wouldn't make much difference? Isn't the air intake going to be more+cooler than the factory fit IC? So from what you guys are saying I suppose i could get a post 08 S-line bumper and it's a straight fit? Or am I understanding this wrong? Sorry silly questions guys 🙈

Unless you have an uprated turbo, standard remap doesn't need any upgrade on the intake side, I run hybrids on 2 cars & I use stock IC without issues.

So I guess ill bra leaving the IC for now, would you say best thing to do De Cat and remap to improve its response?

No need to decat on a standard map, its not going to affect back pressure enough or at all to make it worth spending £200+ on imho, that also is a waste of money unless you start getting serious about the tuning.