Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: eBay RS3 grill

S.
    5th Gear

Status

eBay RS3 grill

s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Ive spoken to the guy a few times about these, they are replicas. However the seller insists they are an 'exact copy / fitment'. I ended up bagging myself an OEM one as i didnt want to take the risk of it not being a perfect fit.
    Ibis S3 8P3 - Airlift V2 / S63 AMG wheels / RS3 Grill / Recaros
    Previous: Polo 6n2 20vt / S3 8L GT28
    Instagram: @bradraistrick

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-s...s3-thread.html

Different Gear

Status
    There was a discussion on here only yeserday or the day before which discussed this very grille. I think they came to the conclusion it was a copy.
    Last edited by A3Kent; 24th July 2013 at 18:45.
    Lloydie22 likes this.
    09 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line SB 8P3
    - Full Leather - LED DRL's - BOSE - Cruise Control - RNS-E Mk2 - AMI - Bluetooth - Folding Mirrors -

VCDS owner - A3 Grille Install Guide

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Kent View Post
    There was a discussion on here only the yeserday or the day before which discussed this very grille. I think they came to the conclusion it was a copy.
    sorry didn't see the topic.
    but it does look good for a replica grill :D

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow JD007F On Twitter Add JD007F on Facebook Add JD007F on Google+ Visit JD007F's Youtube Channel Visit JD007F's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Kent View Post
    There was a discussion on here only yeserday or the day before which discussed this very grille. I think they came to the conclusion it was a copy.
    Yeah my thread but don't worry buddy!

It looks a cracking grill and might be good quality but until someone buys one and tries it we will never know as the feedback given isn't for the rs3 grilles which is a shame I would try and go for a oem one. Lol

2nd Gear

Status
    So does everyone thing we should stay away from this?

Also you think it will look ok on a 3 door S3?
    kayemill likes this.

Neutral

Status
    If you have a look a Paulie's build thread they look really good on S3's, although its a copy it still looks awesome, like the other guys have said I guess we will never know unless someone buys one and lets everyone know how good they are :/
    Current Car: 8P Audi S3 Facelift - Standard... For Now!

1st Gear

Status
    This may be worth a bid if you get it cheap enough, needs some work.
    Audi RS3 grill S3 A3 Sline | eBay
    Ibis S3 8P3 - Airlift V2 / S63 AMG wheels / RS3 Grill / Recaros
    Previous: Polo 6n2 20vt / S3 8L GT28
    Instagram: @bradraistrick

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-s...s3-thread.html

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow JD007F On Twitter Add JD007F on Facebook Add JD007F on Google+ Visit JD007F's Youtube Channel Visit JD007F's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by br20vt View Post
    Tht looks a belter if the price stays down on it. Shame its bit a black edition one otherwise I would of been all over that haha. Cheers

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by br20vt View Post
    yeah, seems that the top left corner was caught in fire. also those cracks on surrounding need sorting, and all spraying gloss black.
    i'll give it a 30 :D

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Haha classic get it for £30 I say bargain lol.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Ive already Pm'd him about the postage.....I have courier that can pick it up for less than a tenner. Guess who's bidding then.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    i'm bidding just to raise the price :D
    Brodster likes this.

Neutral

Status
    This is replica, the OEM cost arround 900/1000 U$S.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Matuh View Post
    This is replica, the OEM cost arround 900/1000 U$S.
    Yeah we know this mate.....cheers

S. Im gonna be hiding in a tree outside your house and dump the power line at the end of the auction......
    S. likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    haha mate, you're welcome :D
    just kidding, i'm not going to bid as the vacation is priority these days :D
    Adam88 likes this.

Status

My Social Networking

I know mate.....just playing. I have an old S3 BE grill and if I can get this cheap enough Im gonna transplant the mesh into the BE grill and then spray it all gloss black......either that or take off the black surround of the BE and pop it onto the RS3 grill.....see what happens.

Banana Menace!

Status
    It does look like a very nice replica to be honest guys and very OEM looking. The only differences I can see are that it has the air intake holes along the top right hand side of it, just like A3 and S3 grilles. RS3 grilles don't have this. When I fitted mine I had to have air holes cut into it using a hole saw. The other thing is that the smaller mesh in between the Audi rings is slightly different to the OEM grille. On the replica it is diamond shaped (4 sided) mesh and on the OEM one it is like a squashed hexagonal mesh (6 sided). If I was looking at buying this grille or one like it I think I would go for it for a few reasons 1) for the price, 2) you don't have to cut holes into it, 3) who's gonna know it isn't the real deal? The OEM one is just made out of plastic after all, just like this one, but it costs 3 times as much as this one. Thinking back on it, I was totally bricking it when the guys fitting it told me that it needed to have holes cut into it! Okay I got a bargain with mine, but it would have been an expensive piece of junk if the hole saw had slipped, lol. xx
    S. and Brodster like this.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

In awe of VCDS

Status
    Did anyone from here win that grille? I'm just wondering what the quality was like.
    The seller had 4 up for sale and cancelled the auctions on the other 3 on the last day as I guess they weren't reaching the money he wanted.
    Now: 2010 A3 SB S-Line Black Edition 2.0TDi 140CR. Panther Black
    Retro'd: Black S-Line badges | Private Plate | Come home lights activated | Fogs as corning lights activated | Hill hold assist activated | TPMS (via VCDS) activated | 3.5" s/s tailpipe | LED interior lighting.

Gone: 2007 A3 SB Sport TDI 140. Dolphin Grey

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Not sure i didn't bid on it in the end did anyone else?

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Has anyone brought one of theses grills in the end as I've watched 5 sell now and was wondering did anyone Dom here buy them lol.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ive bought one of the "Replica" grilles today. Out of the box looks quality, I'll get on with fitting it in the next few days and hopefully its as bolt on bolt off as the original. I went to pick mine up so I could see it before I bought it.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDeeJay View Post
    Ive bought one of the "Replica" grilles today. Out of the box looks quality, I'll get on with fitting it in the next few days and hopefully its as bolt on bolt off as the original. I went to pick mine up so I could see it before I bought it.

Awesome joe! That's good glad someone has got one and is pleased with it so far with seeing it in the real once u got it all fitted pal pop some pictures on here if that's ok then I can see what they look like and feedback on fitting. Cheers

Neutral

Status
    Brilliant! Make sure you let us know your thoughts and post a few pics

Reverse Gear

Status
    Couldnt wait a few days to do it so I did it earlier today hah

Followed this guide - GUIDE: How to install/replace your front Grille - Facelift (8P3)

I got the front bumper off and got new grill in place. Every hole lined up perfectly, everything screwed in nice and tight. Nothing needed modifying to fit, so as far as that was concerned I was very pleased with.

The pics:

Paullie likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

That's looks top notch! Glad u brought it ad everything is perfect looks great that has tempted me alot now lol! What colour is the Audi rings jw?
    Cheers

Reverse Gear

Status
    The audi rings that come with the grill are gloss black same colour as the grill. I used my old badge as I hydrodipped them in a carbon fibre pattern

I could try get a group buy going if enough people would be interested. Obviously payments would be via PayPal for safety etc

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

The audi rings that come with the grill are gloss black same colour as the grill. I used my old badge as I hydrodipped them in a carbon fibre pattern

I could try get a group buy going if enough people would be interested. Obviously payments would be via PayPal for safety etc
    I thought they looked carbon trim looks great. Yeah could go for it and see how many would be keen I'm currently watching one on eBay and its at 99p which I'm sure it will go up but not sure how cheap it will go for lol.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Changed rings to the Gloss Black ones, put my Quattro badge on, and also fitted the upgraded Fog Grill Surrounds. Gloss Black with Chrome surround ring, looks awesome now, the fog surrounds really set rest of the grill off, so pleased

MrBones likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Changed rings to the Gloss Black ones, put my Quattro badge on, and also fitted the upgraded Fog Grill Surrounds. Gloss Black with Chrome surround ring, looks awesome now, the fog surrounds really set rest of the grill off, so pleased

That really does look outstanding now pal top stuff! When u say upgraded fog light surrounds do they have the honeycomb bit on them or no as I saw a few on eBay like in the next post. Chers

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

eBay item number 151101678198

Is this what u have pal.

Reverse Gear

Status
    These are the ones I bought Audi A3 S-Line Genuine Chrom Fog Grilles for Facelift 2008-2012 New | eBay

They are gloss black from factory, not a clue how much Audi charge for them.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    is it me or it looks exactly as the oem rs3 grill? so tempted...

Neutral

Status
    looks outstanding to say its a replica!!! top job mate

1st Gear

Status
    Looks good . If I never got a good price on a genuine rs3 grill I would buy one of these .

You need to spray the crash bar black aswell .

Looks good

Reverse Gear

Status
    Undecided whether I want the Gloss Black badge, or to use the Carbon Dipped badge I have. The rear badge is carbon dipped too but looks out of place on the rear really, bought another gloss black one.

Cheers for the positive feedback, anyone that buys one of these grills definitely wont be disappointed. Transformed front end completely. Oh and the RS3 badge that comes with the grill comes off easy, wouldn't want to false badge the car lol

Neutral

Status
    how is the number plate thing fixed to the grille? is that easy to remove too?

any fitment issues? or any complaints (even minor ones!)

and how much did you pay for yours? :D :D :D

Reverse Gear

Status
    Its got 3 plastic hexagon shaped mounting plastics, self tapping screws go into that, plate goes on top. Has screw holes on for drilled plates but I just used some strong sticky back foam.

No fitment issues, was as bolt on bolt off as the original

Paid £280 cash, was listed up at £300 on ebay + £25 courier/postage

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    I'm thinking of buying one of these grilles. Have you got any close up pics of what holds the number plate onto the grille? Looks great from afar

Reverse Gear

Status
    I dont im afraid, best way to describe it is there are 3 blanking plates that fit behind into the pieces of the honeycomb, and the plastic plate holder goes on top and screws into them. Ive had the grill on shy of 2 months now and it hasn't budged or come loose. I'd take pictures but my plate is stuck on I'm afraid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast