eBay RS3 grill

Ive spoken to the guy a few times about these, they are replicas. However the seller insists they are an 'exact copy / fitment'. I ended up bagging myself an OEM one as i didnt want to take the risk of it not being a perfect fit.

There was a discussion on here only yeserday or the day before which discussed this very grille. I think they came to the conclusion it was a copy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lloydie22
There was a discussion on here only the yeserday or the day before which discussed this very grille. I think they came to the conclusion it was a copy.
sorry didn't see the topic.
but it does look good for a replica grill :D

There was a discussion on here only yeserday or the day before which discussed this very grille. I think they came to the conclusion it was a copy.

Yeah my thread but don't worry buddy!

It looks a cracking grill and might be good quality but until someone buys one and tries it we will never know as the feedback given isn't for the rs3 grilles which is a shame I would try and go for a oem one. Lol

So does everyone thing we should stay away from this?

Also you think it will look ok on a 3 door S3?

Reactions: kayemill
If you have a look a Paulie's build thread they look really good on S3's, although its a copy it still looks awesome, like the other guys have said I guess we will never know unless someone buys one and lets everyone know how good they are :/

i'm bidding just to raise the price :D

Reactions: Brodster
This is replica, the OEM cost arround 900/1000 U$S.

haha mate, you're welcome :D
just kidding, i'm not going to bid as the vacation is priority these days :D

Reactions: Adam88
I know mate.....just playing. I have an old S3 BE grill and if I can get this cheap enough Im gonna transplant the mesh into the BE grill and then spray it all gloss black......either that or take off the black surround of the BE and pop it onto the RS3 grill.....see what happens.

It does look like a very nice replica to be honest guys and very OEM looking. The only differences I can see are that it has the air intake holes along the top right hand side of it, just like A3 and S3 grilles. RS3 grilles don't have this. When I fitted mine I had to have air holes cut into it using a hole saw. The other thing is that the smaller mesh in between the Audi rings is slightly different to the OEM grille. On the replica it is diamond shaped (4 sided) mesh and on the OEM one it is like a squashed hexagonal mesh (6 sided). If I was looking at buying this grille or one like it I think I would go for it for a few reasons 1) for the price, 2) you don't have to cut holes into it, 3) who's gonna know it isn't the real deal? The OEM one is just made out of plastic after all, just like this one, but it costs 3 times as much as this one. Thinking back on it, I was totally bricking it when the guys fitting it told me that it needed to have holes cut into it! Okay I got a bargain with mine, but it would have been an expensive piece of junk if the hole saw had slipped, lol. :laugh: xx

Reactions: Brodster and S.
Did anyone from here win that grille? I'm just wondering what the quality was like.
The seller had 4 up for sale and cancelled the auctions on the other 3 on the last day as I guess they weren't reaching the money he wanted.

Not sure i didn't bid on it in the end did anyone else?

Has anyone brought one of theses grills in the end as I've watched 5 sell now and was wondering did anyone Dom here buy them lol.

Ive bought one of the "Replica" grilles today. Out of the box looks quality, I'll get on with fitting it in the next few days and hopefully its as bolt on bolt off as the original. I went to pick mine up so I could see it before I bought it.

Ive bought one of the "Replica" grilles today. Out of the box looks quality, I'll get on with fitting it in the next few days and hopefully its as bolt on bolt off as the original. I went to pick mine up so I could see it before I bought it.

Awesome joe! That's good glad someone has got one and is pleased with it so far with seeing it in the real once u got it all fitted pal pop some pictures on here if that's ok then I can see what they look like and feedback on fitting. Cheers

Brilliant! Make sure you let us know your thoughts and post a few pics :)

Reactions: Paullie
That's looks top notch! Glad u brought it ad everything is perfect looks great that has tempted me alot now lol! What colour is the Audi rings jw?
Cheers

The audi rings that come with the grill are gloss black same colour as the grill. I used my old badge as I hydrodipped them in a carbon fibre pattern :)

I could try get a group buy going if enough people would be interested. Obviously payments would be via PayPal for safety etc

The audi rings that come with the grill are gloss black same colour as the grill. I used my old badge as I hydrodipped them in a carbon fibre pattern :)

I could try get a group buy going if enough people would be interested. Obviously payments would be via PayPal for safety etc

I thought they looked carbon trim looks great. Yeah could go for it and see how many would be keen I'm currently watching one on eBay and its at 99p which I'm sure it will go up but not sure how cheap it will go for lol.

Changed rings to the Gloss Black ones, put my Quattro badge on, and also fitted the upgraded Fog Grill Surrounds. Gloss Black with Chrome surround ring, looks awesome now, the fog surrounds really set rest of the grill off, so pleased

Reactions: MrBones
Changed rings to the Gloss Black ones, put my Quattro badge on, and also fitted the upgraded Fog Grill Surrounds. Gloss Black with Chrome surround ring, looks awesome now, the fog surrounds really set rest of the grill off, so pleased

That really does look outstanding now pal top stuff! When u say upgraded fog light surrounds do they have the honeycomb bit on them or no as I saw a few on eBay like in the next post. Chers

eBay item number 151101678198

Is this what u have pal.

is it me or it looks exactly as the oem rs3 grill? so tempted...

looks outstanding to say its a replica!!! top job mate

Looks good . If I never got a good price on a genuine rs3 grill I would buy one of these .

You need to spray the crash bar black aswell .

Looks good

Undecided whether I want the Gloss Black badge, or to use the Carbon Dipped badge I have. The rear badge is carbon dipped too but looks out of place on the rear really, bought another gloss black one.

Cheers for the positive feedback, anyone that buys one of these grills definitely wont be disappointed. Transformed front end completely. Oh and the RS3 badge that comes with the grill comes off easy, wouldn't want to false badge the car lol

how is the number plate thing fixed to the grille? is that easy to remove too? :)

any fitment issues? or any complaints (even minor ones!) :)

and how much did you pay for yours? :D :D :D

Its got 3 plastic hexagon shaped mounting plastics, self tapping screws go into that, plate goes on top. Has screw holes on for drilled plates but I just used some strong sticky back foam.

No fitment issues, was as bolt on bolt off as the original

Paid £280 cash, was listed up at £300 on ebay + £25 courier/postage

I'm thinking of buying one of these grilles. Have you got any close up pics of what holds the number plate onto the grille? Looks great from afar

I dont im afraid, best way to describe it is there are 3 blanking plates that fit behind into the pieces of the honeycomb, and the plastic plate holder goes on top and screws into them. Ive had the grill on shy of 2 months now and it hasn't budged or come loose. I'd take pictures but my plate is stuck on I'm afraid