2006 A3 2.0TDI S-Line Progress Thread - pics

caraudiaye3

Reaction score
Bought a fairly high spec A3 S-Line a few months ago.

Has RNS-E/Heated Leather/Cruise/Climate Control/Xenon/Bluetooth/Phone/Sunroof/Auto Lights/Washers/Mirrors/Parking Sensors/6 CD etc fitted in the factory and coupled with a low mileage of 70k I was pretty happy for the price I paid.

I used it as is for a few weeks before deciding it needed some attention...

These arrived:

And were fitted:

I added the S3 pedals which look decent and were mega cheap off ebay:

Also added the paddle extensions seen. Got them off ebay. They are pretty flimbsy and I'm not entirely sure whether to keep or not but oh well...

Next swapped all the interior bulbs for LEDs which for less than twenty quid was a decent purchase:

Then I picked up these at a very fair price. Cleaned them up and had to polish and re-laquer one of the rims where it had started to bubble and peel but for the price cant complain:

Got them fitted:

Added 5mm spacers to just widen it ever so much:

Have these MY09 rear lights waiting to be fitted. Picked the drivers and passengers side up separately for less than sixty quid. Pretty pleased.

T2eC16JEE9s2ufWi2BRhHww7Ug60 12

So that's it for now. Happy with how it looks at the moment.

Total cost of mods:

Alloys £250 but will be offset by selling old ones
S3 pedals £27
MY09 lights £58 (awaiting fitting)
Splitter £40 (awaiting fitting)
LED lights £20
Paddle Extensions £30
Pressed Plates £20

Have a SEAT Leon front splitter waiting to be fitted.

Future plans include MFSW and newer rear bumper and spoiler. Struggling to find a 3 door with PCN fitted though, and a fairly priced spoiler for that matter. Also after them in Akoya Silver if anyone is selling one.....wishful thinking?

Not planning on lowering it as I often have passengers and lots of stuff in the back so not hugely concerned here.

Cheers

Reactions: ENZO and NHN
Got the MY09 lights fitted today. Happy with how they look. Am after a SLine Spoiler next.

Ebay, separate items. Just waited around until they popped up and emailed the sellers.

have also just recieved 4 facelift chrome vents for £40 so waiting to get them fitted too

Very smart mate, nice mods as well. Where did you manage to get the wheels for £250?!

Very smart mate, nice mods as well. Where did you manage to get the wheels for £250?!

eBay. They were listed for £350 but a quick call and some persuasion and I was collecting them from just down the road.

I'm in no rush to mod so just
happily waiting for stuff to come up on ebay and gumtree etc on the cheap

Very nice, you have done well in buying your bits :)

Just one question, where did you get the number plates from, also are they mot legal?

That's a nice level of spec and it looks good on those wheels :o.k:

I'm not familiar with the 3 doors but was wondering why it didn't have the S Line spoiler and S Line bumpers already? It looks like it's got the black roof lining and S Line steering wheel though. Are the 3 doors different to the Sportbacks in terms of S Line spec? I thought I'd got my head round what comes with what cars and then I see something different. :uhm:

Very nice, you have done well in buying your bits
biggrin.gif

Just one question, where did you get the number plates from, also are they mot legal?

Ebay seller. custom plates or some name like that. I hope so!? If not I have the others in the boot.

That's a nice level of spec and it looks good on those wheels
o.k.gif

I'm not familiar with the 3 doors but was wondering why it didn't have the S Line spoiler and S Line bumpers already? It looks like it's got the black roof lining and S Line steering wheel though. Are the 3 doors different to the Sportbacks in terms of S Line spec? I thought I'd got my head round what comes with what cars and then I see something different.
uhm.gif

No idea, it's definitely the sline though as the sticker in the wheel arch says so. Not sure why it doesnt have the newer looking bumpers though. Spoiler is definitely

Regarding the pressed plates, there's a lot of good info in this thread, including a response fom the police.
Pressed Metal Number Plates - Police's View - Detailing World

As usual though, there's conclusive evidence to say they're legal and conclusive evidence to say they're illegal.
It seems to be down to the interpretation of the law from the copper at the time.
Don't try to attempt to search for a definitive answer, you'll get loads of conflicting info and people arguing till they're blue in the face for both sides of the arguement.

I personally quite fancy a set of those plates and doubt I'd get any trouble, but as my wife sometimes uses the car I don't want to risk it. She's terrified of the police and would never forgive me if I got her pulled over.

Fitted the silver air vents just now. Very quick and easy mod just swap straight over with a little help from a screwdriver.

Lovely car mate like the wheels type are they? How did the leon splitter go to?

Lovely car mate like the wheels type are they? How did the leon splitter go to?

18" Audi BBS Split Rim S-Line alloys I believe.

Havent had the chance to fit the splitter yet will be doing that in a couple of weeks or so

S-Line spoiler sourced for £50 posted. What do we think a decent price is for fitting and spraying it? Anyone know of any decent budget places to spray in the South West?

Still struggling to find a 3 door rear bumper with parking sensor holes at a decent price!

Splitter and spoiler hopefully fitted soon...pics to follow

Nice bargin hunting, why are my never this lucky. Rear bumper looks ok, it's the front you should be changing imo. The reason why you don't have a spoiler is because S-Line body kit was released in late 2005, your car must of just missed it.

So have been busy with the SLine Spoiler I acquired on the cheap. Having received numerous ludicrous quotes to have it prepped, sprayed and fitted (£200 in most cases!) I decided to have a go myself with aerosols. First attempt at painting anything...

Ordered primer, akoya silver and 2K lacquer online and set to work…

Started off, sanded with 400 followed by 600 paper.

Cleaned up and applied 4-5 coats of grey primer.

Sanded with 600 paper and cleaned, before applying 4-5 coats of akoya silver.

Finished with 4-5 coats of 2K lacquer.

It's come up quite nicely. Has the 'orange peel' effect from my first-time-use-of-rattle-cans so am going to sand it down with 1500-2000 paper and polish to try to achieve a smoother finish.

As for colour match, it seemed okay this evening (fairly dark though) but am reasonably happy considering its cost me less than £65 all in.

Am going to be fitting in the morning so will post finished product then!

If i'm looking for bits mate think i'll give you a shopping list... Youve done very well at hunting down bargains all in ... :)

Well was going to fit the spoiler this morning until discovering we had no tigerseal or similar. Also the colour match is a bit off, but not too noticeable so I'm just gonna leave it. Still needs rubbing down and polishing for that better finish but reasonably happy with my efforts for a first time paint and the car definitely needs the spoiler.

Cheers. Next job is the SEAT front splitter.