Another hid question!

tr1ck

Reaction score
I have a set of hids I want to fit, the bulbs are 55w and the ballasts are 35w from a different set. I've plugged them in and they work.
Does anyone know if they will be safe to use?
Thanks

At a wild guess it would just mean the bulbs will not be as bright as they could/should be.

Wiper motor might blow?

Yup, It'll probably go pop, and even if he was using the right HID ballast/bulb combination.

These cars just shouldn't be using them.

I could understand if there were no reported failures of wiper motors, but there's loads, and directly related to HIDs.

Another HID question, so you're fully aware how many times this has been brought up and the consequences but you still want to fit HIDs. Go for it mate.

Ah if that's the case ill forget about them then. As I haven't actually bought them yet just trial fitted off a mate.
Out of curiosity how does it affect the wiper motor?

Ah if that's the case ill forget about them then. As I haven't actually bought them yet just trial fitted off a mate.
Out of curiosity how does it affect the wiper motor?

Voltage spikes in the system or something, fries the motor.

theres a kit now that wont blow the wipers

It doesn't say on that ad but I've read reviews on the "Terminator HID kit" not that one in general, that they don't blow the wiper motor and I know people using them on 13 plate bmw's with no issues what so ever, they also sell them on HID-Direct.

If I just went for updated normal bulbs then, i take it if I used 55w normal bulbs I would have the same problem that I would have with hids?
By the sounds of it may just be easier to keep it as it is....

Just to let you know when you do blow your wiper motor, get one yourself and fit it... and audi window wiper motors dont work if you have the bonnet up, so when installing a new wiper motor, dont just plug it in, fit it, thenclose the bonnet... FULLY then try.
I had this problem when I blew my wiper motor through HID's.. I didnt see any audi forums before hand -.-
Cost me £70 for a wiper motor and linkage off ebay, then installed it myself
If yopu need any questions on fitting or anything give me a heads up, r31s@hotmail.co.uk
I'm open to helping all people with the issue of HID and wiper motor problems/ fitting new wiper motors