HELP!!!! Clutch master cylinder

Patrick_c99

Reaction score
Hey I'm trying to get the master cylinder off of my 2.0 tdi 140. I've got all the hoses and cables disconnected but can't seem to get it off of the back of the peddle. Is it a case of shear brute force or am I missing something?

Anyone? I'm currently stuck with the peddle off and the master cylinder just sat there laughing at me 😟

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374405267.279967.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374405267.279967.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 2,837
Last edited:
Patrick, according to the Haynes manual, the master cylinder is withdrawn from inside the car. Here are the instructions: Remove driver's side facia panel. Unbolt crash bar from in front of the clutch pedal. Unscrew the securing nuts and remove clutch pedal mounting bracket. Note that the upper nut is difficult to locate. Squeeze together the tabs on the pushrod retaining clip and separate the pedal from the pushrod. Release the clip and withdraw the master cylinder from the mounting bracket by twisting it anti-clockwise. Note that there are no spare parts provided by Audi. The master cylinder should be replaced completely. Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm as far as I've removered everything but my hands are to big to reach down the back of the engine to twist it now 😟 just waiting for someone to pop round with some long reach water pump pliers.

That's great. Now remember to twist it clockwise from inside the engine compartment.....:beerchug:

Last edited:
Got it off new one in. And the pipe connected so far. Problem now it the piston won't stay in the plastic clip that goes in the back of the peddle and the spring has now popped out :(

The bitting point kept changing position and felt abrupt. Going to take it for a long spin this afternoon to make sure it's ok 😃

Mine is doing exactly the same! It did it about two months ago! It was biting and creeping forwant even with the clutch fully down! An hard to get out of 1st-reverse and in! Stopped doing it thought and now 2 months later doing it again! Had a clutch kit sat in my waredrobe for about a month now too. Sachs... Slave, DMF and clutch kit. Think It's time to fit it! But not sure if I should get the master done too? Let me know how your drive goes! Hopefully all good now!!

Beagles

Yes my brothers friend has his own little garage and has always done my audi and its always spot on afterwards! He's fitting the clutch and very thing for £220:) famit friend;) so yea may as well get this fitted at the same time? Don't think I have a local auto factors... Just mill auto's and mike best!
Cheers

Carparts4less.co.uk will do it cheap and deliver my clutch is playing about again so think it is deff my slave that's gone as have bled the system 3 times and it keeps goes back to normal after a while

Ill have a look later! Keep me posted! I would like to know how you solve this as mine needs doing too!
Cheers
Beagles

I'm trading my car in for a a4 avant at the end of the month so will bleed it again in car park around the corner from the garage and then take it in :p

Dam your lucky! Guess ill just have to get the clutch fitted then to from there and try sorting this one on my own!:/ cheers anyway!