Another moan

Karcsi

Reaction score
Is your seat belt holder on the middle door pillar wearing away? Where the belt rubs against the left hand corner of the hole, the plastic is being worn away. My father's A4 has over 40k miles on it, and hardly any wear can be seen. Perhaps it's because in a 3dr car you sit further away from the pillar, so there is more force on the holder. But still, in another 40k miles it would have warn through to the edge! I'm a bit lanky, so thought it may be set too low for me. But no, it's just the same at the highest setting.

Pic

Obviously none of you use your seatbelts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously none of you use your seatbelts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, not had mine long enough to notice...

Always wear mine, even sometimes out of habit just putting the car from the drive into the garage. Can't say I've noticed any particular wear, but I'll have a closer look when I go out today and report back.

Yep, i'll take a closer look at mine later too. Well when the frost clears a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well when the frost clears a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And I thought it was cold down here! Cheers Japper.

Zero wear on my 9800 mile car.

Bit of a safety issue there,possibly.

You don't want anything fraying your belt material. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Put it this way,if you mention that to your dealer/Audi,I bet it's changed pretty damned quickly.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, every time, anything to stop that sodding beeping!

Mine`s a 5,000 miler with no wear evident.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well when the frost clears a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And I thought it was cold down here! Cheers Japper.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wear on mine at all after 24k miles. I think you need to give Audi a shout to sort it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I can report no wear on mine in 24800 miles.

EDIT: sorry, didn't look at your pic. thought you meant the support loop. You're talking about the B pillar trim? Do you have your seat up close to the wheel - granny style? ;-)

Call me old fashioned, but I had the dealers turn my belt beeper off at the first service.

(How daring and anti-establishment of me, you can tell I don't read the Guardian!)

[ QUOTE ]

Call me old fashioned, but I had the dealers turn my belt beeper off at the first service.

(How daring and anti-establishment of me, you can tell I don't read the Guardian!)

[/ QUOTE ]

My dealer flat refused to do this,as the beep is a legal requirement.

They will turn on/off anything else,but not the seat belt 'bing'.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

How can it be a legal requirement, when only the latest versions are fitted with it. Fortunately mine isn't.

Unless of course the law says that all cars registered after a certain date are required to have it. More likely that it is a requirement in some markets and is included on UK cars for consistency during production.

[ QUOTE ]
I can report no wear on mine in 24800 miles.

EDIT: sorry, didn't look at your pic. thought you meant the support loop. You're talking about the B pillar trim? Do you have your seat up close to the wheel - granny style? ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardly. I'm 6 2! Yes, it is the B pillar trim. I did have it set to halfway up, and thought (because of my height) it was caught in the corner of the hole rather than the curved bit. But moving it all the way up makes no difference. I think it is because it is a 3-dr car, and the drivers door needs to be much wider than the 5-dr, hence the B pillar further back.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me old fashioned but at only 5,000 miles it hasn`t required a service yet!

Karcsi,
I've got exactly the same wear on both the drivers and passenger seat belt pillar.
Slightly more wear than yours on the drivers side, mine is 2 years old now with 38k miles.

Cheers. I'm going to take mine in over the Christmas to see what they say. I've never see this happen with any other car, so very strange. Perhaps we drive too quickly, and create too much friction between the belt and the pillar?

No,

Too much reaching for the owners manual in the passenger door pocket to see why something else isn't working properly.

Volvo S40's used to have this problem - never sat in one that didn't show the plastic cut into.

[ QUOTE ]
No,

Too much reaching for the owners manual in the passenger door pocket to see why something else isn't working properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL !
Brilliant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep the Owner's Manual in the drivers side pocket !

[ QUOTE ]
Keep the Owner's Manual in the drivers side pocket !

[/ QUOTE ]

... and get broken into when some scumbag mistakes it for a mislaid handbag.

But thats the same which ever door pocket its in !