Buying a 170 tdi 2007

aterro

S3 YO
Reaction score
Looking at buying a 170bhp tdi a3 2007 model.

Basically, is there any tips on what to look out for when looking at this model?

Eg dpf condition? Checking it? How to do so?

or anything that would be beneficial for me to know?

or to check?

regards!

Check service history for injector recall
if it hasn't had it done ask the dealer for more info on it for that car

ask fro dpf you cant really check it.. But mileage would be and indicator as if it needs done

Sorry to hijack... Can't seem to find the recall on the VOSA website. Can you give me anymore details on that?

Sorry to hijack... Can't seem to find the recall on the VOSA website. Can you give me anymore details on that?

Im not 100% sure if it was all 170 bhp models, but my a4 2.0 tdi 170 had an injector recall and im pretty sure iv read a few people with a3 170's have had it too.

someone will be able to give more info on it on here no doubt.

The one I'm looking at Thursday has had a injector recall in 2012 :)
A audi dealer will be able to tell you!

Last edited:
Reactions: T3nnant
The one I'm looking at Thursday has had a injector recall in 2012 :)
A audi dealer will be able to tell you!

second that - the dealer will be able to tell you all of this. would recommend once you get the car getting the car possibly smoke tested as its common for the inlet manifolds to go on them (as mine had and had been since i bought the car)

good luck

If you don't do frequent long journeys i wouldn't bother with a DPF fitted car...

If you don't do frequent long journeys i wouldn't bother with a DPF fitted car...

Why? Surely he is wanting it for economy and a bit of torque driving out the road :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Why? Surely he is wanting it for economy and a bit of torque driving out the road :)

My understanding of the main problems with dpf's is that they are not getting a decent run and therefore clogging up.... Maybe not though.

My understanding of the main problems with dpf's is that they are not getting a decent run and therefore clogging up.... Maybe not though.

Dpf removal with anything between stage 0-2 map is the simple solution to that. As for checking dpf, if its an audi dealer get them to bring out the diagnostics and show u soot levels of the car ur actually interested in. Get a warranty if u can too. If its not a dealer find a local vcds user because they can check it too under one of the measuring blocks

Reactions: cubby
Iv read that as well but I'm sure nothing a wee jaunt out the road won't sort out ;)
Not had any probs with mine ... Touch wood.
The mrs does mostly town driving and a 40 mile run to asda once a fortnight when I'm away for a month with no light coming on.
Saying that when I'm home I do a few long journey runs :)

Dpf removal with anything between stage 0-2 map is the simple solution to that. As for checking dpf, if its an audi dealer get them to bring out the diagnostics and show u soot levels of the car ur actually interested in. Get a warranty if u can too. If its not a dealer find a local vcds user because they can check it too under one of the measuring blocks

Maybe better running the dpf until it fails then removing it then :)

its 110% worth getting dpf removed and car remapped. makes a huge difference. totally different car to drive

its 110% worth getting dpf removed and car remapped. makes a huge difference. totally different car to drive

eveb though its a possibility that mot regulations could change, then you will require a new dpf and map? Lol

have you got the dsg upgrade( software)