JOM Coilovers? Anybody Rate Them?

swift

Reaction score
Looking at a set of JOM coilovers for my audi tdi Quattro anybody have any experience with them? Don't want the ride too harsh

Do you think its worth getting them compared to getting some cheap lowering springs such as Apex?

Depends how many miles your original shocks have done as well, if say 100,000 + then the cost of new uprated shocks and lowering springs maybe more than coilovers. Also depends how low you want to go,if banging your sump all the time is how you like it then Joms all the way.

Yep looks like i'll go with the coilovers...just noticed that DPM are doing a special offer at UK-Mkivs.net £150 delivered so will ask them.

I've got JOM's on my A3 non Quattro though. It's been perfectly fine since I fitted them roughly 5-6 months ago. The rears are lowest they can go without removing the adjusters and the fronts had loads left to go. The ride is the same as a friend who is running FK's.

The rear feels harsher than the front but in no way is it unbearable.
I have just driven my family from Newbury to essex (170 mile round trip) and didn't receive one complaint from the elders.

If you search in the 8p section I recently uploaded a few pics under the heading (S line bumper on Sport) here you will see some pics.

I paid £180 for my JOM's and the best £180 spent on the car.

I've been running Jom's for about 6months and absolutely no complaints. Firm ride but not unbearable and they go super low. However, if you are in an area with speed bumps/humps i suggest no lower than 50mm or so or you will have serious scrape.

Would also advise that Jom's suit small engines, eg 1.6fsi or small diesel. V6 3.2 is a definite no go.

I had jom on my 8p, took it off after 2 months.
the ride on a straight line is compliant but things starts to go wrong once you start throwing the car round corners.
if you are after looks alone you can get it. for any further demands stay clear.