Trade in, or sell privately (incl photo)

paul_r

Reaction score
Audi A3 2007 2.0 TDI.
Full Audi SH
Cambelt last year
Alcantara/leather
Individual colour
2 owners
4 new tyres
Perfect bodywork and alloys
Non smoker package and ipod connection
Bought from Audi dealership

I have been offered £6,800 trade in. A friend in the trade says the trade in value is £7,500.
It's as perfect an example as you will ever see.

All depends on whether you need the cash to put towards another car - and if you want the hassle or are even able to keep two cars at once.

Sorry, I cannot work out what you are asking.

If it's a for sale post, it will closed so please ask a specific question

you will get more selling privately, but if they offered you 6800 and your mate says its 7500, tell the dealer to up their price or no deal.
Is your mate getting trade price from Glass`s guide?

Is that from an audi garage or independent?
I went to 4 garages and audi never offered best trade in. But not too far!
Depends on ur budget buddy :)

Sorry, I cannot work out what you are asking.

If it's a for sale post, it will closed so please ask a specific question

And they give power to people like you? Scary stuff.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that was a bad trade in offer imo but you could definitely get more private, 35k miles is really low for an 07

Reactions: RallyX
And they give power to people like you? Scary stuff.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that was a bad trade in offer imo but you could definitely get more private, 35k miles is really low for an 07

Thanks. I guess thats what i was after, someone to say thats not too bad an offer. Selling private can be a real pain.

6800 for a trade is pish for a 2007. It wasn't too long ago it was 12995 for a mint example :)

I know this may seem an obvious point, but I always concentrate on the cost to change. I don't mind if the dealer gives me a terrible part ex offer if the car I'm buying is cheap - it's up to the dealer, but there's no point getting a better price selling privately just so you can go and pay over the odds for the next car.