Audi A3 8P3 LED Upgrade

malik_amer

Reaction score
I have an 2011 audi a3 s line without led drl headlights. Is it possible to install the led drl's on these ? and can I simply buy the headlamps with led drl's and install them on this car?

Cheers

exactly same question i asked about a month ago when i done mine
yes you can add drls
you need the headlights
kufatec cables
and then coding

Are the self levelling parts for the xenons inside the headlight units themselves?
How did you get round the headlight washer jets which are a legal requirement for xenons (even if they don't do much)?

Or are there LED DRL headlights available that are non-xenon?

I can buy all the parts. But I'm not too sure where to get the coding done ? Any ideas ?

Speak to NHN, he can code and also get hold of all the parts and advice you'll need.

Reactions: NHN
I think if you're doing it properly and going the legal route it'll be expensive though. Don't forget you'd need a new bumper and everything needed for the washer jets too.

I thought all facelift cars had led drls

They've all got DRL's, but only the ones with Xenons have the line of LED's that go across the top and down the inner edge of of the headlight.
Like in my avatar.

The Auto levelling is all done on a separate module with sensors on the front and back axles. these need wiring into the module and then up to the headlight so its not the most straight forward install.
the washers have to be fitted into a bumper that has the washer jet holes and the cap that covers the hole. the washers themselves sit on the front panel and need to be connected up to the washer bottle.
as advised before if you want to do the whole install properly it will cost you.

Just put the drls in like me and have them coded sure you won't have a problem with the mot:thumbup:
Saying that my brother mot's my car for me so maybe I'm being nieve :D

I can buy all the parts. But I'm not too sure where to get the coding done ? Any ideas ?

You haven't given a location as yet, also as advised, legally you need other systems, if people pass cars with headlights marked as hid's, that have no levelling or washer systems, they're in contravention of the new rules & could face losing there mot license if found out.

I know if it was my families bread & butter, I would fail them all if no systems fitted, no matter who there were, not worth the risk of losing the business as such, plus you would get fined heavily, why people risk this is beyond me.

But, as with various other rules & laws, they don't enforce them, so why do they release them, sale of goods act is another laughable one.