2.0 tdi aircon issues

nickmc

Reaction score
im having a bit of problems with my air conditioning on my a3, its not working.

i have checked the plug to the compressor and its getting voltage but the clutch isnt coming in! is there anything i can try that might fix it or will the compressor need replaced?

cheers nick

im having a bit of problems with my air conditioning on my a3, its not working.

i have checked the plug to the compressor and its getting voltage but the clutch isnt coming in! is there anything i can try that might fix it or will the compressor need replaced?

cheers nick

Check the resistance of the clutch coil

Beware Nick. Some models of the A3 may have been fitted with an aircon compressor which does not have a clutch at all. These compressors rotate all the time, and the pressure is controlled by a 'wobble' plate operated by the system to either generate pressure or not. Try to determine which model of compressor is fitted then 'Google' the make and type to see which it is. In any case, get the car scanned with VCDS and see if any sensors have failed. Does the 'econ' light go out when you select aircon? Do both fans run when you select aircon? These may give a clue to what is wrong. Good luck mate.

yea econ light goes out and everything else seems to be doing what it should also have had the gas checked and its fine.

bit of a ****** if i need a new compressor and the cars all black so its pretty unpleasent in this weather.

yea econ light goes out and everything else seems to be doing what it should also have had the gas checked and its fine.

bit of a ****** if i need a new compressor and the cars all black so its pretty unpleasent in this weather.

Scan the car with vcds or similar but if you have power to the clutch and no resistance on the clutch coil you need a new clutch not a compressor assuming you can source a clutch.