First Audi NEED HELP PLEASE!! :D

charlie41

Reaction score
Hey,

Im 17 and looking to get myself an A3 for when I pass my test ive seen a couple on autorader etc for about £4,000 ive got a quote for £1,700!! So it is achievable

Any advice regarding facelifts would be great my uncle said this is the place to go for info haha

Thanks

Charlie

ok... what audi you looking at?

tbh you'll be better off getting a cheap little banger for your first car until insurnace gets cheaper. you havent even passed your test yet so your considered a high risk

​Hi, charlie, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look in our classifieds section see what is available, read through the faqs threads, lots of info in there. Is your uncle a member on here also? Enjoy the forum. :) x

yeah alot of people are saying that but I really like them haha im ready to take my test just a few more hours left with my instructor and around 2004+ see the one with the split grill but want to get the face lift done to give it the full grill

images
images

oh and by the way that was me pretending that I had passed my test on the insurance website

You could always get a burgundy derv audi 80, like the old bloke above this post has, plenty of room for his dogs and rambling gear and cheap car cheap insurance.

Give the kid a break!
When i was 17 i had a mk5 golf, 18 got the 1 series, 19 got the A3, and now 21 hopefully scirocco :w00t: ( all 2 litres brooooooooooo)

£1700 is pretty decent for your first car, just remember youll end up kerbing most of the wheels and getting scrapes and what not, so don't make your first car your pride and joy lol

Give the kid a break!
When i was 17 i had a mk5 golf, 18 got the 1 series, 19 got the A3, and now 21 hopefully scirocco :w00t: ( all 2 litres brooooooooooo)

£1700 is pretty decent for your first car, just remember youll end up kerbing most of the wheels and getting scrapes and what not, so don't make your first car your pride and joy lol

Did you borrow from the bank of mum and dad?:w00t:

an audi at 17 would be awesome, go for it if you can afford it of course

£1700 isnt even a bad price for a new driver, mine was £2200 for a mk4 golf :(

yeah it is definatly an achievable goal just finding the right one and stuff the facelift part could save me a bit if anybody knows about it and how hard it is, costs etc? it would be great

Go for it, I made a mistake and when I was 18 and I passed I got a corsa which I completely hated sold it in less then a couple of months and bought my brothers 2004 A3 Sport off him! Since then I haven't even bothered with any other car as I love the A3 even though mine is 1.6 and double grill!

Your insurance quote is also good! The only thing I would look out for is whether you care about economy or not? If that's a yes make sure you go for the diesels

Good luck with your test too

yeah it is definatly an achievable goal just finding the right one and stuff the facelift part could save me a bit if anybody knows about it and how hard it is, costs etc? it would be great

Face lifting from double to single I would recommend to go for sline rather jus facelifting! Cost wise parts should cost you about £200-£400 depends really and paint and fitting another £300 shouldn't really be anything higher then £600/700 as sline parts; bumpers,bonnets and everything else are common.

I thought I was doing well driving an A3 8P at age 21 as a poor student without a job! Good luck and go for a face lift, looks much better!

I thought I was doing well driving an A3 8P at age 21 as a poor student without a job! Good luck and go for a face lift, looks much better!

I'm 20 and also student! I think we are doing well lol hahaha really depends on who buys the car parents or yourself as long as your happy with it that's all matters.

ah great thanks know anywhere I can buy them from??

Your best bet is eBay first as you could get them fairly cheap if you take your time and bid on them but also search the classified on the forum.

Regarding this talk of buying an A3 when your 17/18, I didn't own a car until I was 25, my first Audi was bought when I was 28. It all depends on priorities in life and mine was to get a mortgage first, cars have always been secondary to me. If you buy an Audi at 17/18 you'll have no money for anything else most probably.

Unless your old man is loaded! :)

I do have to agree with getting some cheaper for the first year or so, get your no claims and in a few years an A3 will be a lot cheaper. Also, coming from a smaller, older, cheaper car to an A3 feels brilliant no matter what model/spec you go for (I came from a Clio to my A3).

If you can afford it though, go for it but be aware that it's not just the price of the car and insurance you've got to take into consideration. The price of Tax, Maintenance, Repairs, Fuel etc all come into play. Even at 21 with a full time job with good pay, I still struggle to pay for stuff and have to scrape together every now and again.

I'm 20 and also student! I think we are doing well lol hahaha really depends on who buys the car parents or yourself as long as your happy with it that's all matters.

My mate is the same age as me and just bought a 10K limited edition type r GT lol... managed to get insurance for 700 with 1years no claims!!

Did you borrow from the bank of mum and dad?:w00t:

haha bit of pocket money, but also worked part time when at college but currently not working whilst at uni, so thats why i've decided to go for a scirocco rather than a s3