AutoGlym Super Reson Polish .. And..?

Reaction score
I've used AutoGlym's Super Resin Polish without doing any research and going by what the chap said at the shop :)banghead:)

During the cleanup I realised the cloth was getting black color on it - not a lot - just light black on yellow cloth making it obvious. How much damage, if any, it would have done to the color etc? Could someone point me in the direction of what to use afterwards to protect the car's color etc? I don't want to go to websites etc - just a good workable solution please :p.

Also - since I haven't put anything on top yet, what should I do? Leave as is and not use Super Resin again? Or am I just being cynical?

Cheers

What colour is the car? Black i presume? If so i would use a wax like autoglym hd wax after the super resin, for light colours like silver for example i would use auyoglym extra gloss protection which is a synthetic sealer type wax that gives better results on light coloured paint! Dark colours wax, light colours use sealant!

The black on the cloth is dirt coming out of the paint by the sounds of it. Modern paints are clear coat finish so don't stain the cloth like single stage used to. SRP is a very good polish, you won't damage your paint with it. How does it look after the SRP is buffed off?

Rick

If anything SRP has fillers in it not cutting compound

As said, it won't be causing any damaged. If it was, you'd probably see it on the paint rather than the cloth.

Anyway, put down the AutoGlym stuff and get yourself some Prima Amigo and Vics Concours Wax :icon_thumright:

Using a polish before waxing is a common thing to do, so what you've done is right.

After you've cleaned up the paint with the Super Resin Polish, stick some Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste wax on it. It's designed for dark coloured cars and is awesome stuff that's so easy to use.
I've just been put onto the Poorboys products and absolutely love them. Even in the sun and extreme heat it works great and leaves the car super slick. After washing it I rinse with a hose with no end on it and the water just sheets off so I have very little drying to do.

Reactions: R90 STL
Try claying the car first, as said SRP will never cut through clearcoat, especially by hand. The clay will remove dirt particles almost unseen to the eye which prevents you polishing the dirt into the paintwork effectively making more swirls and scratches.

Try claying the car first, as said SRP will never cut through clearcoat, especially by hand. The clay will remove dirt particles almost unseen to the eye which prevents you polishing the dirt into the paintwork effectively making more swirls and scratches.

+1

Phew - it's a relief that I haven't screwed it up..

That's exactly what I have done. Dirt has put swirls and scratches on the car.

Are these removeable? :S

Clay first, leave clay on and Resin polish on top or is it Clay -> scrub it and then Resin Polish? Will defo get Zymol wax off Halfords this time.

Phew - it's a relief that I haven't screwed it up..

Clay first, leave clay on and Resin polish on top or is it Clay -> scrub it and then Resin Polish? Will defo get Zymol wax off Halfords this time.

without seeing it you can never been certain, but I highly doubt you've scratched it lol. Will most likely just be swirls and light scratches. SRP is a good polish which with little effort by hand can offer very good results, however it's not aggressive and contains "fillers" which mask the swirls. To tthe majority this will be more than good enough.

I say try again, (this time claying it first lol) and work with the SRP. See where you get. If you don't have much look you can then look into compounds to help remove them rather than masking.

So pre-wash (if you use one)
Wash (two bucket method)
clay whilst the car is wet and using a lubricant, no need to dry after washing just rinse
wash again
dry
polish
wax

Thanks

I've got some AutoGlym Paint Renovator, along with some Super Resin Polish & Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste Wax if that's any good?

The car is Lava Grey in case this makes any difference?

Colour doesn't matter mate.
Give it a good wash, then clay and try with the SRP. If that doesn't work you could try the paint renovator but I prefer the SRP myself.

Reactions: ryanstewart9

I hope you had the good sense to wash the car before polishing?
As for the clay, read the instructions...
You don't rub clay into the paint like a wax, you spray the lubricant, rub the clay over to absorb the containments & clean off.
Then go over with your polish to cut the paint & smooth it off.
Then put your wax on after that...

Get yourself onto polished bliss website they have loads of products you can look up products for your car colour , have reviews on there products etc i have a red s3 and use Blackfire products its expensive but lasts for ages and the difference Is unreal :) (oh and I don't work for them haha ) just a mate told me about them and that's where I get my products from think I polish and wax my car more than I actually drive it these days