S Line bumper on sport! Edited for better pics

Graham89

Derv Perv
Reaction score
Finally after owning the s line bumper for 18 months I've got round to getting it painted and put on! I got a grill painted gloss black too. Here's some before and after pics. The wheels got sprayed anthracite colour. Can't remember the actual name if colour but it's similar.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374102762.366688.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374102762.366688.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 139
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374102787.862092.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374102787.862092.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 129
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374102821.812180.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374102821.812180.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 125
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374102925.978112.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374102925.978112.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Reactions: Ironborn
Pics uploaded straight from iPhone so not the best quality but you get the idea. Maybe gloss black mirrors next? Or leave it at that.

Nice! need better pictures. You on coilovers or springs?

I'm liking it a lot.
The darker colours against the blue just looks right.

Looks much better mate!
Was you able to use your old fogs or did you have to purchase specific s-line ones?

I bought some A4 foglights as they are the same as a3 s line fogs just cheaper. Although I forgot the a4 fogs use H11 bulbs and the old sport dogs are H7 so I'm going to have to cut the wires and make up some sort of connector.

Thanks I think it looks nice and subtle.

Loving the look of that mate! got the same front bumper and gloss black grill on my black a3 too defo makes it look more aggressive!im thinking of getting my silver wheels done the same colour as yours the finish looks good.where they sprayed or powder coated mate?

and sorry another question how much did you pay for the coilovers think i could do with a set to finish the car off! if i was you id get a light tint around the car really will make it look nice!

Coilovers are JOM's £180 new from DPM performance off Damian. Too bloke and the ride is perfectly usable. I've done about 3k miles on the so far not a single problem.

The colour was anthracite. Wheels were curbed so had them acid dipped to remove all paint and other contaminants. Curbing took out and filled to smooth finish then powder coated.

how much did u pay if you dont mind me asking for the wheels to powdercoated. see im from leicester and have been quoted £180 for a respray but £220 for a powdercoat so just weighing up the options

Last edited:
Looks amazing! i want the s line front bumper and rear on for my sportback - how much did you pay?

I'm going to be totally honest I can't remember what I paid for the bumper as it was over 18 months ago on eBay. I had to buy the fog light surrounds from Audi directly and then bought the fog lights off eBay (non genuine) for an A4. Then I needed to buy H11 bulbs and some H11 plugs that I'll use to match up to my sport fogs wiring loom.

Looks good mate, where did you get the grill from and have you painted it?

Grill was from eBay. It's a non genuine aftermarket part and I had it painted gloss black. It came in a Matt black colour but didn't like that. Try searching a3 a line grill or s3 grill. Think I paid £50 delivered

Love that colour, works really well with dark grill, wheels, etc.

Looks like it could go a bit lower though :eyebrows:

Nice although personally think the black grill cheapens the car. If it was black chrome outer edge to keep it toned down from chrome would work but not sure they exist.

The rears are as low as they can go although the adjuster is still in situ. I could remove that to go a further 10-15mm I reckon but I often have people in the back so doubt it'll be practical :)

I think you can get chrome outer edge with a gloss black grill itself although in general the whole plastic chrome effect I think looks a bit tacky with darker wheels. Just doesn't look right. I think it's down to too many colours on a car with dark wheels, chrome outer on grill, black grill then colour of a car. I was going to have a lack Audi badge on but decided against it to break the grill up a bit.

Thanks for all your input. I'm wondering whether to go gloss black on the mirrors but not to sure.

Yea definitely keep the AUDI rings on the grill, breaks up the front end nicely.