Custom Remap or a generic stage upgrade file for my S3

Nathan_jones2002

Reaction score
I'm at the point with my S3 now where I am ready for mapping...

I've got the AS CAI, milltek full system with sports cat and LOBA high pressure fuel pump.

My dilemma now, I have been recommended shark performance which offer the generic stage upgrades. I've also been recommended a custom tuner who does actual live mapping on the dyno or the road.

My thoughts on the generic stage upgrade maps a tainted due to my experience with my corsa VXR. I had a generic stage upgrade done by a very well known company and the fuelling wasn't right which ended up costing me more for a fuel pump and pressure reg.

My thought on the custom mapper, there are some good and bad tuners out there. I don't know enough about mapping to say who is good and who is bad.
The guy who has been recommended to me doesn't advertise a lot as his garage is very busy, he is a engine builder rather than an IT guy turned tuner who is trying now to push the tuning side of his business...
Google searches show good reviews of the chap but there isn't many of them. He is apparently well known the scoobie world.

I do like the idea of a custom map as it will be mapped specifically for my car.

What do you lot think I should do.

Has he mapped any S3s you know of, or at least any other cars with the same engine?

If it was me I think I would stick with tried and trusted like Revo, personally.I'm quite careful as to who i let loose on changing the code on my car.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
R-tech, nick knows his stuff. Everybodys dream to go to him, if the cars not running right he wont map it, he's that much of a good tuner

R-tech, nick knows his stuff. Everybodys dream to go to him, if the cars not running right he wont map it, he's that much of a good tuner

The one thing I said I would do since my VXR is go to somebody local, at least if it goes wrong I can quite easily get the car to the tuner which is why I chose GNJ, he uses Shark maps and I also like the idea of all work being done by GnJ so they know my car inside out and 100%.

The custom mapper I'm talking about is about 20 minutes away from me.

R-Tech is a couple of hours away.

The one thing I said I would do since my VXR is go to somebody local, at least if it goes wrong I can quite easily get the car to the tuner which is why I chose GNJ, he uses Shark maps and I also like the idea of all work being done by GnJ so they know my car inside out and 100%.

The custom mapper I'm talking about is about 20 minutes away from me.

R-Tech is a couple of hours away.

I can assure you, it wont go wrong.

Nick will send it away if he see's any problems and tell you what to correct.

You'd have more problems with revo than you would with r tech.

Theres lots of people around here who travel upto r tech, which is lets be honest a long day out for the trip.

Has he mapped any S3s you know of, or at least any other cars with the same engine?

If it was me I think I would stick with tried and trusted like Revo, personally.I'm quite careful as to who i let loose on changing the code on my car.

i stuck with tried and tested on my VXR and that didn't go as well as it should.

I have used Shark for its Stage 2 map, If he's local use, Graeme.

Shark hasnt brought me any problems.

They updated the file for the DSG cars(to stop a noted pause between gear changes), and thats all I had wrong, but that was fairly early days in there quest to be top tuning company.

I've done 20k, all flat out at stage 2................no problems...:undwech:off to find block of wood!!

My dyno chart a very nice smooth curve, you'd be silly to go far a field to get it done when theres quality on your door step.

Edit** otherwise, there is Rick@unicorn, exchanged emails a little about a DSG map a while back, seems a nice chap(very knowledgeable), I just need to find the money for his work! :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: N8
Used SHARK and REVO for Stage 1.
Both worked a treat.

The SHARK STS box is a really useful bit of kit.

Reactions: N8
You won't have a problem with Shark.

I believe we offer the most customised maps available for the S3, together with our map switching and launch control etc :)

Certainly the car isn't mapped if there are any significant issues!

Cheers, Rick

Custom all day long with logging.. Think of it as a tailored suit as opposed to an off the shelf number just make sure it's someone reputable

Custom all day long with logging.. Think of it as a tailored suit as opposed to an off the shelf number just make sure it's someone reputable

the guy I'm thinking of using has come very well recommended... He just doesn't advertise and his name isn't out there like a lot of companies and he doesn't have a catchy company name.

It is a fully custom map all data logging etc then tweaking parameters etc to suit my mods and car.

The guys website looks very dated but I've been told he is so busy that he doesn't ned to update the site etc as his reputation is getting him more than enough work.

its A D Edmundson Tuning.

I'm at the point with my S3 now where I am ready for mapping...

I've got the AS CAI, milltek full system with sports cat and LOBA high pressure fuel pump.

My dilemma now, I have been recommended shark performance which offer the generic stage upgrades. I've also been recommended a custom tuner who does actual live mapping on the dyno or the road.

My thoughts on the generic stage upgrade maps a tainted due to my experience with my corsa VXR. I had a generic stage upgrade done by a very well known company and the fuelling wasn't right which ended up costing me more for a fuel pump and pressure reg.

My thought on the custom mapper, there are some good and bad tuners out there. I don't know enough about mapping to say who is good and who is bad.
The guy who has been recommended to me doesn't advertise a lot as his garage is very busy, he is a engine builder rather than an IT guy turned tuner who is trying now to push the tuning side of his business...
Google searches show good reviews of the chap but there isn't many of them. He is apparently well known the scoobie world.

I do like the idea of a custom map as it will be mapped specifically for my car.

What do you lot think I should do.

Give Dave a call, or better still pop along to see him at ADS. These guys are awesome...

Performance Upgrades | ADS

the guy I'm thinking of using has come very well recommended... He just doesn't advertise and his name isn't out there like a lot of companies and he doesn't have a catchy company name.

It is a fully custom map all data logging etc then tweaking parameters etc to suit my mods and car.

The guys website looks very dated but I've been told he is so busy that he doesn't ned to update the site etc as his reputation is getting him more than enough work.

its A D Edmundson Tuning.

Audi TFSI engine/management is far more complicated than Scooby stuff, but if you like what you see then go for it!

I will plug the fact that we have an offer on Stage 1 maps at the moment and are only down the road in Stockport :)

Rick

I can assure you, it wont go wrong.

Nick will send it away if he see's any problems and tell you what to correct.

You'd have more problems with revo than you would with r tech.

Theres lots of people around here who travel upto r tech, which is lets be honest a long day out for the trip.

Everyone will have their own opinion, but as stated by Dean and others, Revo is tried, tested & trusted. also set up individually on each vehicle during road testing 'Real life driving conditions', with options and adjust-ability, the driver can also select different settings using the additional SPS Switch, should they want a more aggressive map, a Valet mode, Fuel grade adjustment or revert to stock etc... We also offer a money back no guarantee on our Software as we are that confident in what we do, given the huge amount of time and effort put into development. We stick to what we know. ADS Preston are only down the road, so a local dealer who he can return to as he continue to upgrade the S3, Dave is a great guy too, with years of experience.