Auto up/down windows, switches and on fob

Jkevs

Reaction score
Hi everyone, purchased my s3 just over a week ago and the auto up window on the drivers side has stopped working (still works but have to hold until its all the way up) and it's stopped working when you hold the button on the fob down to open/ close the windows from a distance, sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't. Also when it is working I pull the switch up to close the window and it gets to the top but then re opens to half way and then the auto stops working. Any ideas on this? New to this forum so apologies if this has been covered. Thanks.

Have you tried resetting it? To reset it you need to open and close the window by holding the switch down all the way till its open and then all the way up again until its closed, that should reset it

As above, sounds like the battery has been disconnected at some stage and lost the setting.

Mine does this from time to time. As mentioned use open and close again technique to fix. I normally hold for 10 secs after opening and closing too.
So start with window fully closed. Press and hold switch to open fully, keep held for 10 secs. Then fully close and keep hold for 10 secs again.

Auto close should then be fine.

Worked a treat, much appreciated guys and thanks for the help, just hope it stays working now :)